Australian Kickboxer Beating Up On Phuket ?

Partyguy

Daniel Ketley suffered a fractured skull, haemorrhaging and compression on the brain, a shattered eye socket, a broken jaw, four lost teeth, a fractured vertebra, nerve damage to his neck, shoulder and arm, and a fracture in his skull in the incident on June 8.

Does the poor guy have 2 heads?

Some interesting holes in that story, and even on Phuket I have trouble imagining this guy simply pulling over for fuel and being set upon by a group of Thais. At the very least, some words have been exchanged - the family seems to live on Phuket, its claimed he could 'handle himself' - if it wasnt a motorbike accident, I suspect that the real story is a little less black-and-white than our notoriously parochial media would have us believe.

This isnt a happy paragraph ....

Since May 18 of this year 10 tourists have died on Phuket or nearby Phi Phi Island, some in mysterious circumstances, with two Canadian sisters found dead in their room on Phi Phi last Friday. There have also been six drownings this year and one possible drowning.

The article was dated June 22 - 10 tourists in a little over a month : wtf, boys in brown ?

Some interesting holes in that story, and even on Phuket I have trouble imagining this guy simply pulling over for fuel and being set upon by a group of Thais. At the very least, some words have been exchanged - the family seems to live on Phuket, its claimed he could 'handle himself' - if it wasnt a motorbike accident, I suspect that the real story is a little less black-and-white than our notoriously parochial media would have us believe.

This isnt a happy paragraph ....

Since May 18 of this year 10 tourists have died on Phuket or nearby Phi Phi Island, some in mysterious circumstances, with two Canadian sisters found dead in their room on Phi Phi last Friday. There have also been six drownings this year and one possible drowning.

The article was dated June 22 - 10 tourists in a little over a month : wtf, boys in brown ?

a pet hate of mine.

trucks travel around Patong advertising that nights muay thai at the arena(which annoyingly stands on the site of an old hotel of mine)

athey troll around town with their loudspeakers with pix of fighters from around the world who will be fighting that night.

some of the fighters stand on the trucks preening themselves and going through a few moves trying to look good.

but it was a joke to the locals and me as we watched the poor tough fighters having umbrellas held over their heads when rain in the air.

but many tourists,particular Australians would drop all plans to see this 'spectacular' show of muay thai.

it's a tourist trap and always has been and put on for the tourists.

i used to go to the events Years ago with a lady whose brother was in the ring every night.

we would have a little bet between us on each bout of 20bt and after we agreed the bet she used to tell me who was going to win and in what round....

she always won the bet.....

so this fella is a top fighter(so the publicity says)and probably much more to the story then it seems but if he's that good then i would imagine he could defend himself against a street attack.

but as usual,i'm probably wrong.

Archived