50B for what?????!!!!!

Ranger

After a nice soapy at Nataree on Ratchada, my buddy and I had both worked up a big appetite and stopped in at Muaklek Steak house. I have seen their cartoon cow logo before, so I assume that it's a chain restaurant? Anyway, we ordered a couple of Cokes and had a nice steak dinner that was only slightly marred by the really bad (and loud) band covering early Beatle's love songs.

Came time for the check bin, and I noticed there was something on the bill for 50B that we didn't order. I asked the waitress if it was VAT or service charge. No, it wasn't.

"Did you order ice?"

"Huh?"

She hands me the menu and there it is.........

Ice-25B

I don't think I've ever been billed for ice in a restaurant before and needless to say, wasn't impressed.

Ranger

Ranger, surprised to see you here too.

Sounds like you didn't order the ice, just the Coke. Since it is an item on the menu that you didn't order you really shouldn't have to pay for it.

Did she ask you if you wanted ice when you ordered the Coke?

I was charged $2 for gravy for mashed potatoes once, never been back to that place since. The waitress didn?t mention the cost of it, just ?Would you like gravy??. Gravy always used to be free, now more and more places seem to think it is acceptable to charge for it.

(end of rant)

handyman,

"Sounds like you didn't order the ice, just the Coke. Since it is an item on the menu that you didn't order you really shouldn't have to pay for it.

Did she ask you if you wanted ice when you ordered the Coke?"

No, we weren't asked if we wanted ice when we ordered the Cokes. I would have called the manager over to dispute the bill (out of principle, I don't get too worked up about 50B) if the music wasn't so horribly loud!

Ranger

As far as I remember, the most expensive ice is available in Pattaya: THB 200 at "nice with ice ".

Rumors say, many payed for it... tongue.gif

Archived