An Undoubtedly Stupid Retread of a Phone Question

the_numbers

I don't get to this part of the board... well, ever. That's why it exists though because you always peer over, and wonder never imagining you'll need to talk about anything like that, but then there you are, and lucky to have it as a resource.. (not just kissing ass, or having a "moment") LOL

So, to cut to the chase this is phone advice. I think the rates are fucked to be calling around in Thailand often from a hotel telephone -- particularly when it is everyone's cell phone that you are calling with a 9 at the beginning or whatever.

I would like an easy way to execute these calls without being fleeced by the hotel I am going to be at for one month. Yes, so, I'll be there quite awhile.

Investing in my own cell phone worthy? rate-wise? If you don't want to run it all down -- who should I get to run-it-down as services go when I get there.

I appreciate the help -- I am sure this is covered somewhere, but did not find it.

Hi there,

I think this has been covered before :-)

Take a look at these threads for starters:

Buying a Cellular Phone

Cheap Cell Phone

Best Cell Phone Calling Plan

(when you do a search on this website, make sure you tick "all posts" and not "newer than 1 week", which is there by default)

Cheers,

Straycat

Yeah, well I actually checked those bits, and they were useful.

I should've been more specific up front though about specifics. I have no need for international calling just domestic throughout Thailand. I need to be able to move around though -- north, south, etc.

I should buy a prepaid card then? Get on AIS probably I'm guessing?

This sound about right?

Thanks.

the_numbers,

Yepp, sounds about right.

You'll not be able to buy anything else than prepaid unless you have a work permit (at least so I've heard) or have a Thai friend that can be billed for the subscription.

AIS has the best coverage of Thailand, whereby you cannot go wrong if you choose them.

Re's

Straycat

Archived