Good info about Koh Kong in Cambodia

Was there on a 2 day trip from Pattaya...just to see whats happening over there..

Took a minibus to Hat Lek for 700B, but can also take the AC bus on sukumvit for 120B to Trat, and the Mini to Hat Lek for 100B.

You can also rent a car and use the parking on the border.

From there its 30m to imigration...be sure to have 1200B for Visa, yes..its should cost 20 Dollars...forget it...its cambodia and ppl do what they want, forget dollar, Bath is the currency.

From border to Koh Kong its about 15mins with motorbike...pay no more than 40B for that, everything else is scam...no problem to find Motorbike there, they will attack you on the border..

Now they have opened the bridge over the river, so boats are not necesary anymore, but still have to pay 10B or 1000 riels.

The only place in Koh Kong is OTTOS resturant and guesthouse, good food, cool music and always other visitors there...cheap as hell...from 80B for a room...but I need AC, so its a hotel close to OTTOS with AC rooms for 250B...ok standard, but hard beds and not very clean...but a TV with 24 satelite channels even up...

They guys at OTTOS know where this place is. they will go with you there.

GIRLS :

We men need girls, thats a fact...and like Phom Penh, Koh Kong have a similar place...called something like "Di Sep" or "De Sip". The place is about 2kms from centrum, and every motorbikedriver knows it...

Its app. 10 houses with ugly, nice, old, young girls. there, mostly khmer girls, but some vietnam girls too.

The age ranges from 15-16 to 24 or so...hard to tell becouse the girls look much younger than they really is.

A place like that have ofcourse younger girls than that, but gladly I couldnt see any...

200 for ST, up to 1100 for longtime..

USE COMDOMS....

Its really nothing to do there daytime, we rented a motorbike and went everywhere...but nothing to see...we visited a Muslim Area...and worse poverty have I never seen before...very sad...I hope it will be better...

But YOU can make everything better !!

Just go there and spend some money..

To get back to Pattaya/Bangkok, just take the minibuses from the parking on the border to TRAT, and there take a bus to where ever you like, buses goes often.

to Pattaya 9.30 and 12.30...be there 30 mins before...gets full quikly.

To BKK every hour. i Think.

1100 baht for longtime. i really hope you got three girls for that price. The actual prices you can get are

100/150 ST on premises

200 ST back at hotel. Just say the magic words 'Pee moo pee roy baht' to the mamasan. Translated it means 2 hours, 200 baht, and dont pay the mamasan, pay the girl as she leaves your hotel

400 LT

As for hotels, there are lots of budget places for 100 baht or so which are all much of a muchness. The best two places are the Koh Pich hotel for 400 baht, great hotel but a bit out of the way and doesnt always have moto drivers around. Second best is the Rasmey Makara. Rooms range from $5 to $15, and it is very close to the Red Zone (ladies area).

Agree about the daytime bit though. Nothing much to do. Sometimes thats a nice thing, i always enjoy wandering around the village, drinking a sugar cane drink near the pier, and saying hello to the local children who are always friendly.

Rico

How did you pay 1,200 bht for a visa? The Cambodian immigration people at the Koh Kong crossing tried to pull the 1,000 bht for visa deal with me last February, and I just stood there and smiled and told them I did not have any baht, only dollars. After standing there for 10 minutes, they took my 20 dollars for the visa.

Archived