Best bar for watching football

Wheres the best bars for watching the World Cup football ? - factors like screen size, ambience, beers/ prices....

Rock Hard in Patong has a huge screen....downside is its a bit difficult to concentrate as thai birds keep getting up in front of it and taking their clothes off....oh well.......

i have watched many football games in rockhard,but this WC gives us a problem.

due to the time difference,the last game each day will finish at 20:15 thai time.

go-go's in patong do not open until 20:00.

unless they think the public want to watch them and they might open early.

looks like i will have to watch the games in the various bar beers on bangla.

but anywhere is good for me,girls and a beer and football.

what more can you ask for?.

Good question!!I'm personnaly afraid things turn out violent in Patpong and NEP.

What do you guys reckon??

Is there a brazilian bar around??

Well, I would say the Living Room is the best venue but it's going to be very difficult to get in there for the bigger games. Chequers has a good room upstairs with a big screen that will take a good crowd, but stay away for the England games if you're supporting the opposition. The Londoner will be very busy but it's a big place and in addition to the big screen has about 15 other monitors scattered all over, inclusing the pisser, so you needn't miss a kick there.

There are also going to be 3 big World Cup Centres but I can't remember the venues, Siam Discovery was one though. The big outdoor screens that they had going all night for the locals before won't be much good in the daylight.

LG

"but stay away for the England games if you're supporting the opposition. "

It may happen(though not on the first round)

And I'll keep checking that thread

Long Gun,

I'm scanning through the fixtures at the moment care of four four two magazine which my brother sent from England. I'm assuming the time diff between the UK is +6 hours.

England vs Sweden is on a Sunday at 4.30pm so we can all watch that wherever we like.

It'll be a mad dash to get away from work for the Argentina game which is on a Friday at 6.30pm. Pity the poor teachers who have to do evening corporate jobs.

The final game against Nigeria is a tricky one. Wednesday afternoon at 1.30pm......nasty! I'm just nipping out for 5 minutes boss. Actually, that's going to be a TV in the office job for me.

The one I will definitely miss is the Germany vs Ireland game....which I'm a tad pissed off about.

Well, I think the Ireland/Sunderland (Quinn, Kilbane, McAteer) v Germany game is the only one that won't be a problem for me! I'm off to Khorat for a week on the 2nd, we should arrive before 4 but are supposed to be involved in a football game with a village side - kick off 4.00 pm!!

England v Argentina - we are supposed to be attending a bonfire/thank you party in the village at the end of the week's visit - it starts at 6.00 pm!! The Wednesday game should present no problem for me as I finish work at 9.20 am on that day - but at 1.00 pm we are all obliged to attend a prizegiving ceremony - estimated duration??? I may get out for the 2nd half. Suddenly this is turning into a nightmare .....

LG

After watching the ?Hooligans? program on BBC last night, and the mayhem at Euro 2000, I think its just possible that there might be trouble in LOS.

Its not often I?ve been moved to urge the british police to kick the shit out of people ! If there was trouble don?t think the BKK police would be quite as tolerant. They would be taking no prisoners, and as usual the innocent (that?s me !) would suffer along with the troublemakers.

Maybe that nice big screen at Bauhaus on Lamai Beach would be a nice quiet place to view?.

Any more pub suggestions ?

As I posted on another thread Soccernet is reporting that The UK authorities have already warned the Thai govt. that many known troublemakers are planning to try to enter Japan. Korea from thailand as opposed to direct approach and if this fails will remain in thailand for the duration of the World Cup.

The UK authorities advise that LOS is a possible trouble spot.

Not a pleasant thought.

The TV in my bedroom is looking more attractive day by day

Archived