Starting A Website

The_Munchmaster

Back to the OP. This article might help:

How to Find the Perfect Way to Build Your Web Site (for Coders and Non-Coders Alike)

Building a great web site takes work, whether you love to code or don't know the first thing about it. Several tools attempt to help you solve that problem, but no one option fits the needs of everybody. Here, we're going to look at the best popular approaches so you can find the one that suits you best.

I've built many web sites in my day, and recently I put together several more. In doing so, I found that each project worked best from a certain approach. Some sites made sense to code from scratch, whereas others benefitted significantly from using a content management system like WordPress. Needs vary from site to site, so sticking with the same tools every time isn't necessarily the best way to go. You have to figure out your needs and goals in order to choose the most efficient and powerful tool for the job. In this post, we'll take a look at a handful of popular options, their pros and cons, and why you would pick them to build your web site.

Squarespace: Great for Coders and Non-Coders Alike Who Want a Rock-Solid Platform

When it comes to ease of use, Squarespace comes in first. Sites are incredibly simple to build, and they start you off with some very nice templates. The templates are customizable, even if you don't know how to code, and they're minimalistic enough that a few minor changes make them look unique to you. Seasoned coders, on the other hand, get an even larger amount of flexibility. Either way, the service offers a great platform for building sites quickly and a cloud-based approach that keeps your site online regardless of any traffic spikes.

WordPress: Great for Coders and Non-Coders Who Want Nearly Unlimited Options

WordPress has long been the content management system (CMS) of choice for many bloggers and web site creators for years. Despite its fairly old age (nine years), it still holds up as an incredibly powerful and versatile platform. You can do a lot even if you don't know how to code, but if you do the possibilities are enormous.

Tumblr: Great for Non-Coders Who Want the Benefit of Large Communities

Tumblr is a microblogging platform, which means it was designed for to host a lot of little short posts. Nevertheless, you can use it to create a web site. Your options are limited, but you don't have to code and you gain the benefits of joining large, thriving community.

http://lifehacker.co...on coders-alike

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived