Skype - Sometimes, Maybe

gawguy

I posted about this when I was in USA - txt msgs not seeming to go thru to TLand from USA. I eventually eliminated the leading zero from cell numbers and I then got the "delivered" msg from Skype.

Now I'm in TLand and did some testing today.

My phone SIM here is AIS 1-2-Call. During the afternoon I sent 4 txt msgs from my computer to my phone w Skype. One got thru. They were all labeled "delivered." I tried to call my phone with Skype and it wouldn't connect. I got msg to the effect that my phone was temporarily out of service, which it wasn't. I tried another number and got through.

Now it's wee hours and everything is going through instantly - msgs and calls.

So either AIS isn't so good, or... the system gets overwhelmed at peak hours.

What do you think?

Gaw Guy

Don't you have to pay for Skype text messages? I use Yahoo Messenger to text to an AIS number have very very little problems with my SMS's not being delievered and I receive them, as well. All for free. Shhhhh, don't tell Yahoo, they may start charging money.

HERE WE GO AGAIN! Thank you. YMsngr was the first thing I tried but when I accessed the number from my phone book I got the msg: Yahoo! Messenger cannot send SMS messages to this mobile number.

So I gave up and did the hit and miss with Skype. After reading your response I said WTF...the Oh..yeah..an Ah Ha moment. The phone numbers had come from my YMail contacts and they still had the leading zero - you know 087-123-4567. I took out the zero and it worked perfectly. THANK YOU WANKER!

Gaw Guy

Archived