The Nana Plaza Fantasy Football - Reflections

Cheers, Pete.

I had no idea about the mid-campaign promotions and second division - I guess I should have left that one to LG to answer.

Also agree that it would be ideal if all players had some connection w/ nanaplaza, though I suppose that ultimately is the league creator's decison.

f

Froggo wrote:

p.s. LG, was it you or cyki that removed the nana league so quickly from the site? I think many folks haven't yet had a chance to check where they stood at year end.

Funny you should mention that, mate, because the rest of us can still see the league, and there I am at the top of it, with Phil close behind in 2nd! We thought you must have got bored and withdrawn and left us to fight over the trophies. Oh, and Angel Bangkok as well!!

I agree that it should be a closed, invite only league, next year - invites sent to anyone who wants them from the board, but not open to anyone to enter at random. There was one boardmember who we admitted halfway through by deleting someone who seemed to have no connection or interest.

In addition to the figures that Froggo posted, the lists which show the best value for money are interesting too.

OK, here's a bit of fun for those of us who suddenly feel this great void in our lives, for a couple of weeks anyway. It already feels strange not constantly checking the Sporting Life site for team news and monitoring the changing values of my transfer targets.

Have a look in your History secton at the original starting 11 you picked for Week 1 and work out how many points you would have scored if you had not made any transfers at all during the season.

Mine:

Sorensen - 99

Haas - 71

Harte © - 330!!

Carr - 0

Petrescu - 2

Wilcox - 20

Hutchison - 73

Bowyer - 105

Zenden - 60

Phillips - 129

Yorke - 21

Total - 910

Subs:

Myrhe - 0

Bellion - 9

Wilnis - 12

Fortune - 29

My summer transfer spree was about as successful as Reidy's then, basically.

Cheers

LG

LG, the transfer point you made was quite telling - transfers are good fun, but can kill you!

so, you deleted me from the league! And to think I had you pegged as a benevolent dictator - now I will just call you Purachai. smile.gif

see you soon, though sadly not tonight as I have pretty much lost my voice and am coughing up all kinds of yellow gup.

f

So,

31st

PM Yankee's / Pom Michael

40,285 out of 136,323

1,166 points (Nanaplaza league winner had 1,522).

Ended up at 31 (of 49). Not good, but not too bad considering I didn't do anything at all. Even kept [P Schmeichel ©] my captain the entire time (was he even playing towards the end )?

Okay, now that we know how this works, who will register the league for the World Cup ?

In reply to:

We'll be launching a world cup game on Thursday, 23 May at
so keep your eyes out for that.

Cheers!

Archived