Governor suspends seven bars

racha

From the phuket gazette.

Thursday, August 2, 2001

Governor suspends seven bars

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Pongpayome Vasaputi today announced the temporary closure of seven entertainment venues for breaking various laws and regulations.

In Phuket Town, the Pe-Tai, near Saphan Hin Stadium, will be closed from August 4 to August 18 for staging lewd shows. The Candy Pub, on Ong Sim Phai Rd, will be closed from August 4 to August 10 for staying open past 2 am.

In Patong, both the Pasha Pub in Soi Sunset, and the Galaxy discotheque in Soi Titanic, off Bangla Rd, will be closed for admitting customers under 20 years of age.

Pasha will be closed from August 4 to August 18 while Galaxy will be closed from August 4 to August 10.

Three go-go bars – Oral A-Go-Go, Rock Hard A-Go-Go and Flash A-Go-Go – all along Soi Bangla, have been ordered to close for 15 days from August 4, for staging lewd shows.

The suspensions follow police raids on the venues last month.

So the retributuion for the protest begins.

I'll bet the the a go-go owned by the cop, which is it Extacy(?), won't get shut down.

Lewd acts. crazy.gif" border="0

They've been staging lewd acts for as many years as they've been open. It's only a problem now that they staged a protest against the early closings.

TIT

quote:

I'll bet the the a go-go owned by the cop, which is it Extacy(?), won't get shut down.

Extasy was originally American owned (Brian Hicks) then it was sold and totally died a death, if the Thais have it now then that is relatively new.

The shows they did there were never up to much compared to Bangkok or somewhere like that

Swishtz

I think the bar Brink means was the first gogo bar in Patong opposite Doolies which is now Rock Hard agogo.

It had a name similar to Extacy and was Thai owned but I cant remember it for the life of me even though I went there many times.

You are right that Brian was the owner of Extacy as he started that up after the split with Larry as I recall.

So can anybody out there remember the name of the first gogo bar in Phuket, its annoying the sh*t out of me.

Although I am certainly old enough to know the original names of the go-go bars in Patong, I started to be a regular in 1996. Opposite Rock Hard was then Firehouse. Later it transformed itself into a "night-club" called X-Cite for a while. Could that have

been the original name (1989) of the go-go bar ?

Extacy go-go closer to the Expat hotel has been in operation at its present location since 1996 (and probably earlier than that).

Archived