Israel Election Thread.....

acockasian

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has claimed victory in Israel's election, despite unexpected losses to resurgent centre-left challengers.

Netanyahu gave a speech to his supporters at the Likud headquarters where he thanked Israelis for the opportunity to govern for a third term.

"I am proud to be your prime minister....and I want to carry forward changes, and in order to do that we need to construct a wide government, which I've started to do already," he said.

He went on to say this new government will be focusing on five points, the first and foremost being security and Iran.

"The first is the strength of security on threats against us, and to prevent Iran from having a nuclear weapon."

Exit polls showed the Israeli leader's Likud party, coupled with the ultra-nationalist Yisrael Beitenu group, would still be the biggest bloc in the 120-member assembly with 31 seats, 11 fewer than the 42 they held in the previous parliament.

and the full story......

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/01/2013122214950510525.html

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has claimed victory in Israel's election, despite unexpected losses to resurgent centre-left challengers.

Netanyahu gave a speech to his supporters at the Likud headquarters where he thanked Israelis for the opportunity to govern for a third term.

"I am proud to be your prime minister....and I want to carry forward changes, and in order to do that we need to construct a wide government, which I've started to do already," he said.

He went on to say this new government will be focusing on five points, the first and foremost being security and Iran.

"The first is the strength of security on threats against us, and to prevent Iran from having a nuclear weapon."

Exit polls showed the Israeli leader's Likud party, coupled with the ultra-nationalist Yisrael Beitenu group, would still be the biggest bloc in the 120-member assembly with 31 seats, 11 fewer than the 42 they held in the previous parliament.

and the full story......

http://www.aljazeera...4950510525.html

What I find encouraging is the rise of the pro peace centrist parties who took votes away from Netanyahu.There is clearly a sizable number of Israelis who are getting fed up with the religious nutters who steal more land from Palestinians, creating an obvious stumbling block to peace, take welfare handouts because they are busy studying the bible, then refuse to serve in the army for religious reasons when the shit hits the fan.

It's about time Israel joined the rest of humanity and realised this is the 21st century and not 19th century wild west or outback Australia where you can trample on the human rights of the native population.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-21152124

Exit polls from Israel's election suggest Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's right-wing alliance has lost ground to centre-left parties.

They predicted a narrow majority for Mr Netanyahu's Likud-Beitenu and nationalist allies. The prime minister pledged to form a broad coalition.

The high turnout is thought to have benefited Labour and centrists,

Yesh Atid (There is a Future), a centrist party, is believed to have come second, followed by Labour.

Yesh Atid, led by journalist-turned-politician Yair Lapid, is credited with 18 or 19 seats. Analysts say this is a stunning result for a newcomer.

Mr Lapid has said he will not join Mr Netanyahu's team unless the prime minister promises to push for peace with Palestinians.

Shalom. Inshallah.

:beer:

Who cares...?

Did you have the same reaction when almost 3000 Americans were murdered in 9/11 or when the 4,486th American soldier’s body bag was flown in from Iraq in 2012?

Perhaps if you took more interest in your country’s foreign policy, such tragedies could be avoided.

Israel is after all the USA’s 51st state...well it controls most of the electoral college votes at least.

Did you have the same reaction when almost 3000 Americans were murdered in 9/11 or when the 4,486th American soldier’s body bag was flown in from Iraq in 2012?

Perhaps if you took more interest in your country’s foreign policy, such tragedies could be avoided.

Israel is after all the USA’s 51st state...well it controls most of the electoral college votes at least.

I am in instrument of the US's foreign policy, not a maker of it other than my one vote at a time. But I know a useless story when I see it.

I am in instrument of the US's foreign policy, not a maker of it other than my one vote at a time.

Bloody Nora...George Washington will be turning is in grave! There he was freezing his bollocks off at Valley Forge so that future generations of Americans could have freedom and democracy, and you excuse your indifference by saying you only have one vote anyway.

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle.†(Buddha)

Make your voice heard, especially if your Congressman is one of those [paid by AIPAC] robots who gave Israeli PM Netanyahu 29 standing ovations just after he’d come from insulting your President in the White House, and arrogantly joking that maybe he should stand for Prez.

No doubt they’ll still be there applauding when brave Americans go off to fight and die in the next Israeli instigated war.

Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

“Evil triumphs when good men do nothing†(Edmund Burke)

Archived