Newbie in Bangkok: Part V. Final.

Bloody hell,you,ve got a farange girlfriend who allows you to go to Los by yourself.What will you do if she wants to go there with you?Does she know what goes on there.I had the choice of playing happy families with the "Fucking great telly,I chose the something else".

I got a lot of positive response when I entered my last trip report but if it had been fiction it would have been a load of crap.The events that happen to us whilst we are there would be very difficult in my case to write about if they were not real.Mind you my reports are not in the same league as your,s,Tbears or Mrtudballs but entertaining never the less.

I think a lot of board members would like to post their trip reports but feel intimidated by the standard of writing on offer.Please post as they are all entertaining in there own way.

Carew

I think that's just about the best series of reports I have ever read. I loved the blending in of the additional asides and stories and, probably hardest of all, you managed to avoid the sort of repetition it is so easy to slip into. It has finally convinced me that one of the things I really must do before I leave here (after 9 years! a matter of weeks remaining ...) is to make that pilgrimage to Eden.

I don't know where you are in England but if you need someone to talk to who will have any idea what you're talking about, then I will be there because I know from previous visits that that is something I will be sorely missing at 'home'.

Pleased to read of your ambition to progress up the postometer and that we won't have to wait until next year for more of your writing. Welcome.

LG

I'm in agreement with the other posters, Carew - a great tale well told. Gales of laughter erupted as I tried to eat my lunch whilst reading your story. The 'I have tried anal sex, but she didn't warn me that it would hurt this much' is an oldie but a goodie ! You have a very evocative style, and your gently self-deprecating humour is always welcome in an arena where too many of us seem to take ourselves a little too seriously.

I think the generally high standard of writing on this board is to be commended - check out some of the other bulletin boards, on any subject that you care to mention, and it soon becomes apparent that the ability to use a keyboard does not endow one with the ability to construct a sentence. It's not every day that you hear this, but I'd like to thank my English teacher from 1975/76 - madam, you rock !

I have a few vignettes that I'll hold onto for the other forums on this board when it is appropriate to offer up my tuppence worth I will do. Thanks for all the comments guys.

Doh - now I'm replying to my own posts. Just checked back. Rusty and Long Gun - reference your queries:

The farang GF is pretty cool - but I ain't going to rub her nose in it. Sure we'll holiday together - anywhere but LOS! God, can you imagine it? A 24 carat nightmare. There was a farang couple in the hotel I stayed in and she had a face on her that said it all. Like a bulldog sucking piss off a thistle. He looked kinda haunted! Poor bastard. Like the ancient mariner of Soi 4 "Water, water everywhere...etc" Bet he went thirsty.

Long Gun - I am based in North London (sorry, Norf Lannan) and get to see Thai Air 747s on their climb out of LHR. By the time they reach me the seatbelt signs will have 'bing-binged' off and some other lucky sod has started his 12 hour journey to paradise.

Centre of town easy enough for me if anyone wants to organise..

Archived