McSticky!

Long Gun

Popped into the health-conscious Bumrungrad branch of McDonald's today and treatd myself to the 'Thai Set' of McSomtam, McStickyRicePattieswithPorkInTheMiddle and a drink. Worth a try at B59, I thought. The somtam is strange, it comes in one of those McSalad McShakers and you have a choice of mild or hot dressing. It seems to have all the right ingredients in it and the dressing does have a kick to it but like most things they sell, somehow they manage to make it taste like something else.

The 'burger' was interesting though, 2 VERY sticky rice patties instead of a bun, with a 'pork' patty in the middle. Tasty and quite substantial. My lad (Thai) actually said he wanted another one and that it tasted better than the little pork BBQ stall outside his school - anyone connected with McDonald's who wants to use him in an advert?

Be interested to hear the verdicts of some of our beloved lady friends on these products and sincerly looking forward to the launch of McScorpions and McWaterbeetles ("Do you want flies with that sir?")

LG

I think there was a thread here on Mc Somtam, and I wrote about the McSticky, but that might have been on asfo. Who remembers?

Anyway, I have tried both and I don't like either. I took one of my straight girls to try this set (why don't they add klong water as the drink?), well, rather she took me. And, she liked both of them.

Of course, as you know, I only go to Mickey D's for the toys. laugh.gif

The McSomtam has all the right ingredients, but it doesn't taste "right" because they aren't all pounded together (just shaken around in that plastic cup). I mean, it ain't "Somtam" if you don't "tam" it, is it?

As for the McSticky, I think they actually did a pretty decent job, considering that barbequeing (the pork) and steaming (the rice) are two cooking methods that are pretty new territory for Mickey D's (I think they've got the fried-in-grease method down, though!).

Archived