Korea

I read the previous discussion on the Korea situation and have concluded that nothing was resolved. There didn't seem to be a coherent agreement on anything. I am wondering if a Thai lady will get a 90 day visa if accompanied by a US passport holder. I have no Korean family or anything. I look Irish and just want to spend more time with me lady. I know these issues can be gray, so just give me some experiences with specific details about you nationality, etc. Thanks for the help to anyone who can offer.

Ok, I can give you only my own experience. Last year I took my Thai g/f on a trip from BKK to Seoul. Upon arrival the Korean immigration inspector told me that he will give her permission to stay in Korea for max. 90 days provided that I agree that her name is entered in my passport below my own admission stamp and that we leave the country on the same flight. He also clearly pointed out that I am responsible for her not to overstay in Korea.

• 2 weeks later...

Jp1,

Thanks for the info. Did you ask for the 90 day visa? I read that they give Thai people "potentially" a 90 day visa and others a 30 day. Also, how long did you tell them you were staying? Did you have to show your return tickets? I would like to have misses come for a long visit but would hate to have the immigration folks give her less than 90 days. I was frogger before since I was having trouble logging in with my normal tag.

Thanks.

No, I didn't ask for a 90 days visa and the inspector also didn't ask me for the return ticket. If she is arriving on her own without you being with her I could immagine that she'll have some problems but then again it all depends on the immigration guy.

Archived