Work Visas

I am about to come to live in Thailand and have been offered the opportunity to run an office in Bangkok.Can i get a work visa in the UK or do i have to wait for me to get to Bangkok to get one?

Magic-man,

There are lots of posts regarding this. Search around in this area.

You will need a Non-Immigrant B Visa from the Embassy/Consulate in the UK. This is best done PRIOR to arrival. If not you will (normally) have to leave the country at some point to get one to apply for the work permit.

You don't say what type of company you will be working for, but in my opinion it would be wise to ask them for the following documents:

In reply to:

a. Recommendation letter from the company.

b. Copy of the company License.

c. An updated Shareholder Certificate which was issued by the Commercial Department and is valid less than 6 months from the date of issue.

d. A Value Added Tax document (Gaw Paw 20)

e. A Company Payment of Revenue Tax (Paw Ngaw Kor 50) (one year back date) - in my case I had one for each month.

f. A Commercial Tax (Paw Ngaw Kor 30) (one year back date) - I also had one for each month.

Then, depending on your new company's answer to this request, you can work on the next step. If they don't want or can't get all of these documents, you still may get the Non Immigrant B Visa, not all embassy's are using the same requirements.

The least you can do is to make sure that your new company knows about these requirements now, and maybe you can get a confirmation that they will pay for your trip out of the country to get the Non Immigrant B Visa.

I'm hearing more and more people who only get a 6 month work permit the first time that they apply.

Good Luck!

Pom Michael ...thank you for your reply...the company will be setting up its business for the first time ...they are presently doing work for the King of Thailand..and have lots of work with Thai Airforce and Navy...I ll post the contents of your message to my 'boss'..(he s my friend) and see if he can get me a visa ...thankx again

Archived