Virus Protection

Whats the most effective anti virus protection package available? I have been using PC-cillin which appears to work OK. However I have been zapped on an unprotected machine and warned that PC-illin is not that great at screening email borne agro.

I think I have the Klem virus and have had my machine cleaned twice but it still appears to be there. When I open up Outlook Express I get a virus warning from a proxy server and the same four "Cant Deliver "messages from addresses I do not recognise. How do I get rid of it?

PC-cillin is the best there is and it also stops the Klez virus, but only if your signature files are up to date.

If you have been infected the best way to remove the virus is to boot from a diskette and do a virus scan.

i use pc-cillin and keep it updated

in the past week its picked up the worm_klez virus in 5 different emails I've received

i've only ever received one other email virus a few months back

Please note I am upset with Norton Anti virus.

Bought a legal box 18 months ago including one year signature updates, received on-line warning of expiration of live update 11 months after purchase. Ordered a one year extention around 25 usd?

One month later migrated to XP, to find out you need version 2002. Could not install from original CD. Had lots of problems to complain by email, not to Norton, some dark company I forgot their name.

They answered i should buy version 2002. Now that's nice one month after you paid for a one year virus signature updates.

Bought 2002 last week at Panthip plaza for 130 baht. Installed, I have know 30 days live update, after that period i need to purchase again one year signature updates!

I am pissed off.

Did you put your 1 year registration code into the new software ? When I did the same thing (but using McAfee not Norton) I had no problem to use my old registration code.

More correctly, the email that I got back from the service had a list of registrations codes, a different one for each version of the software. I just plugged the code for the new version in the software and it worked fine.

Cheers!

Archived