Visa Agencies

"The very worst that could happen is a few days imprisonment followed by deportation. The alternative is tramping up to the Cambodian border very 30 days."

Followed by blacklisting with the former. Give me tramping to Cambodia every time.

No disrespect STH but I think you are mistaken. I suggest you read BKK Phil's website about his short stay in jail. Thai prisons are said to be robers of the soul and every word I read about them backs that up.

It may seem only a minor problem when sat at your PC in some farang country but if the worst should happen and you find yourself in an overcrowded cell, rife with serious disease it would I'm sure all look very different.

The best advice anyone can have is to stay legal in Thailand as they do know how to throw the proverbial book at people.

"Robbers of the soul" or not, I don't understand how anyone could contemplate a stay in jail, Thai or otherwise, as an acceptable risk, no matter how short, particularly if it means having to leave a country for good if caught. If someone wants to stay in Thailand, then that person should be willing to abide by the rules; they are not oppressive.

I've used Visa Vince a few times and sent clients to him, no problems..... The Farang bar owners in NEP use someone else so the agents can't afford to screw up bar owners, and they have been doing it for a long time.

Yeah but as the say about investments, past performance is not always a guide to future performance. There was a case recently in the press where a corrupt official had been caught out. You never know when the visa agency might get a shake down and if they are holding your passport you have a big problem. Stay legal...

How do you stay legal if you are not working dont want to work ie therefore no work visa, but dont want to border hop.

I understand that if you are 50 + now and have over 800 000 baht on the bank you can get a year visa. I have spoken to a British guy in Pattaya who has done just that.

If you are under 55, are there any sort of similar visa arrangements?

Could one possibly enroll on some Thai Language course at the local Uni and acquire a visa.

I know that you can acquire a 2 month visa prior to arrival, and I suppose if you went to the Uni enrolled on a course you could go to immigration or a lawyer and you would have a bona fide visa, obtained perfectly legitimately.

STH

Vince is not a million miles from Soi 33. Tel after 10:00

Call me for the other info : 017412211 or email me if yr outside Thailand.

Archived