Average Iq Evident On The 'net ....

gobbledonk

I know several here moved to Thailand well before the Net became part of our daily lives, and I'm curious - has it always been a mixed bag, or have things gone downhill in Thailand over the last ten years ? Some of the cretinism evident on TV is mind-boggling - people who can barely form a coherent sentence casting aspersions on the general standard of English in Thailand - nice one, mate. Calling Thai people 'Neanderthals', but mangling the spelling so hideously that it looks more like satire than anything else - the list goes on. We've all seen it, and we've all shaken our heads.

When I got here a little over 10 years ago, a lot of the bitching (here and Ajarn) centred around 'Brit bovver boys' in Patts, but now it seems that everyone pisses someone off at TV. Russians, Indians, Chinese, Koreans and - the perennial favorite - the Thai people themselves. Is there anyone these people dont hate ?

The answer is obvious - find another hobby. So I did - audio. And guess who I ran into there ? Middle-aged men who wanted to jam their view of the world down my throat. Gaaaaahhhhhhh !

Gobble, about 3 posts away from a clock tower and a hunting rifle

Definitely time for a chill pill and an hour or 6 with a warm body intent on extracting your bodily fluids, does wonders for the pain, and anger management. That said I would agree, much of what appears on forums today is both badly written, badly conceived and perhaps in some small way proves that Darwin didn't account for the Internet.

That might well be what many need. No real data yet on what long term Netting does to a body. I'm sure a generation from now we'll hear a lot more about the damage being done.

Rather than a holiday I think you need a new life. I'm not saying that in a bad way just that it seems to be the point you are coming to after a long hard slog. Then I suspect the Net will take a bit of a back seat for a while.

Archived