Clash Leaves 3 Police Officers Injured

Flashermac

I guess PTP handing in a list with almost only Shinawatras and nephews and nieces in the first 10 positions of the party list has really got the blood going of the protesters. It is kinda a huge insult to everybody protesting. Was at a funeral of a good friend today, but people there even talked about how PTP seems hellbend on infuriating the protests even more by doing that. So far for Shinawatra diplomacy .... Yingluck herself beginning of December: No we do not want to hold on to power ka. New party list comes out and guess whom are on the top of the list.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I regret all the death and wounded today. My friend is one of the police commanders leading his men there today. I talked to him on the phone, he is pissed off his men are getting wounded.

Right now on Viphavadee:

bangkokpundit â€@bangkokpundit 7m

Blue Sky channel: road(s) have been blocked as protesters want those arrested by police released h/t @CMDThai http://fb.me/221KQ5uz4

CMDThai â€@CMDThai 11m

Bluesky channel (16.52): Vibhavadi-Rangsit inbound and outbound (including expressway entries and exits) blocked... http://fb.me/221KQ5uz4

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 12m

Traffic jam on elevated highway & I'm sure Phahonyothin will be jammed soon. If you're going to Don Mueang you need to leave extra early.

Aim_The Nation â€@Aim_NT 15m

Din Daeng Express Way entrance 4.58pm pic.twitter.com/jhbB6AS2Pg

veena T. â€@veen_NT 5m

4.35pm Tear gas spread onto Vibhavadi arangsit Rd via @Pacharapapon: à¹à¸à¹Šà¸ªà¸™à¹‰à¸³à¸•à¸²à¸¢à¸´à¸‡à¸­à¸­à¸à¸¡à¸²à¸–ึงถ.วิภาวดี #NationTV pic.twitter.com/UbpqDkzY2pâ€

CMDThai â€@CMDThai 58s

BLUESKY Channel (17.05): Police thrashed this vehicle repeatedly while its female owner was attempting to deliver... http://fb.me/2Ukk4w1VQ

Rajprasong_News â€@Rajprasong_News 1m

#Thailand Latest! One policeman killed, 10 severely injured, 14 injured via@Prachatai เหตุปะทะล่าสุดà¸à¸±à¹ˆà¸‡à¸•à¸³à¸£à¸§à¸ˆ... http://fb.me/1PDZGBXvz

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 56s

Reports that a Thai Rath journalist was shot & is seriously injured - TR @PetSiRiPhong: pic.twitter.com/LyBYstao3P

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 2m

Trying to get confirmation but looks like entrance to elevated highway to Don Mueang is blocked. Can anyone confirm?

MCOT English News â€@MCOT_Eng 1m

Police officer shot dead in clash between police and protesters at Thai-Japanese sports stadium; protesters (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rv3apn

ThaiPBS English News â€@ThaipbsEngNews 55s

Anti-government protesters block Vibhavadi Road, inbound and outbound (16.30) #exitTH pic.twitter.com/lQnb4bwspM

CMDThai â€@CMDThai 1m

Clip of police repeatedly striking a truck while its female owner was attempting to deliver supplies to... http://fb.me/2YmcAGPkF

veena T. â€@veen_NT 2m

Vibhavadi Rangsit now "@Bud_nt: คปท ปิดวิภาวดี รถติดยาว pic.twitter.com/UUrxEIk20Yâ€

veena T. â€@veen_NT 1m

Protesters block traffic on Vibhavadi Rangsit "@Bud_nt: คปท ปิด ถ.วิภาวดี pic.twitter.com/qbfvOclv5Hâ€

veena T. â€@veen_NT 6m

Thing to watch: Army Chief Gen Prayuth to hold a press conference at 1pm tomorrow.

John Le Fevre â€@photo_journ 6m

RT @PatricLand: Nurses' Pick up truck beaten up by police RT @Wiratana: RT @moannihc: cr fb à¸à¸­à¸‡à¸—ัพนิรนาม pic.twitter.com/llO6oQt7B1

veena T. â€@veen_NT 3m

Police attack a protester pick-up - a woman trapped inside via @A_Kawin pic.twitter.com/qFZICBEyrC

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 3m

5:40pm RT @sternos: Note that main Vipavadee block is at Phahol Soi 2 at Veterans Hospital, not at Army Club. T’way o-nramp also blocked

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 5m

5:40pm Protesters move their vehicles off Vibhavadi road @Naris_VoiceTV: ม็อบ คปท.เคลื่อนขบวนออà¸à¸ˆà¸²à¸ ถนนวิภาวดีà¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§ pic.twitter.com/5SQZ5H0vj4

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 3m

Not clear yet, but it looks like some of the protesters have decided to abandon the roadblocks. Even so, gridlock will remain for a while.

What went wrong? One guess would be that Thaksin is getting pissed off and made some phone calls. Another might be that a "third hand" is trying to cause violence, since both police and protesters were shot, while neither side was seen to use any firearms. Some witnesses claim the shots came from above in nearby buildings. The question is ... who would gain from turning things violent?

As it happened, I got caught in the protest march this afternoon, so I got a close look at the marchers. This is absolute crap about the "Bangkok middle class" and the "Bangkok elte". What I saw were almost entirely ordinary working class Thais and they looked about as militant as my 90+ year old mother. I finally managed to grab a taxi around 5.30pm, and the driver was definitely pissed off. He was an older man, and many of the protesters are also graying seniors. He was furious at the police, blaming them for the violence that left one dead and many wounded. Once again it appears that a nurse has been shot while trying to help the wounded. "Why did they have to do this?" the taxi driver demanded. He then told me exactly what he thought of Thaksin. Is Thaksin so full of himself that he thinks he can get away with violence to prepare his return? He is becoming more hated than he could ever imagine.

p.s. As the marchers wearily trudged by, I saw shop girls and other employees coming out to cheer them and blow whistles. I even saw people cheering at the Army Club on Vipawadi, where they went because that is where Yingluck is whenever she decides to act like the PM. I asked one man where they would go tomorrow. He said he didn't know. "It depends on the government." My camera is broken right now, or I would have photosd to show exactly what I saw.

Archived