The other side

khunsanuk

Then there are those people--men and women--who become infected and decide to spread it to anyone they can as a form of "revenge". In that context, I gotta wonder about the motivation of a girl who insists on not using a condom, assuming there's not more money involved.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes your right, maybe one day we will all find out what the real situation is, my guess is we could possibly be in for a bit of a rude awakening one day. An expat that i met who had run bars in Thailand since the early 80s said to me on my first trip "for christ sake young fella make sure you wear a rubber, cause somewhere up country theyre dropping like flies" and I don't doub't him either.

Regards Fred

Then there are those "older men" who seem to have an attitude that since they probably won't be around in 10-15 years they say "screw it" and don't use a condom. Thinking that even if they get infected it will take 10-15 years for the disease to get them anyway so "what the hell have fun" kind of attitude. I have heard this directly from a guy who had that attitude.

BTW, I wonder if the girl who tested positive for HIV had some followup tests to confirm the initial results. There are a significant number of false positives (especially in women).

Very sad story.

I too, unfortunately have heard of farang and Thai men insisting on going bareback, seeing it as not only "feeling better" but a show of manhood. Even when the girl has to be drugged, convinced, or actually forced. Many of these men see these girls as slaves, with no rights at all, not as "sex workers", or "bargirls" who are actually people after all.

sad.

I really feel bad for this girl and all the other girls like her. It sounds like a very sad ending to an already sad life. The guy that gave HIV to this girl is probably still out there giving it to other girls. It's pretty scary when you think about it.

This is a tragic story and I wholly concur with the comments about Trink and his ilk.

It is a sad truth that many girls who will insist on using condoms with punters, will have unprotected sex with their Thai boyfriends without a second thought. While girls will pick up HIV from faeangs, i am convinced the majority will contract from their Thai liaisons, before or during their stint in the bars.

How about a board slogan. "If you dont use a condom, you are fucking stupid"

I am not convinced the majority will contract HIV from their Thai liaisons. I think a lot of guys think that if they're paying for sex they should get it their way and a lot of men still don't want to use condoms. These girls are just sitting ducks.

"I am not convinced the majority will contract HIV from their Thai liaisons..."

Many of the TGs I have spoken with are convinced that AIDS is strictly a farang disease. It's xenophobia: "Thai good, farang bad." When Thais see a farang upcountry, many think 1) ATM and 2) HIV. So, a Thai could not *possibly* get HIV from another Thai, right? Uh, wrong.

If a poor upcountry Thai man has only enough money to buy food or whiskey or a condom, which do you think he'd choose? Throw in additional factors such as poor education, drunkenness and general laziness about getting/using condoms and I'd conclude that Thai-to-Thai infection rates are far greater than farang-to-Thai rates. Or at least far more likely. Which is NOT to say that farang-to-Thai or Thai-to-farang transmission is rare; quite to the contrary, I suspect.

Fred, Daddy, everyone -

I have only one thing to say :

WEAR A CONDOM AT ALL TIMES

Monotonous little shit, arent I ? What I'm trying to say is : assume nothing. I dont care if she is a former nun from the Vatican, are you prepared to take a risk ? Let's get over the virgin/slut dichotomy and beat this virus.

End of sermon.

going with a BG etc. is making russian roulette. This is the hard fact.

To do sanuking here is a very dangerous game. The reality is to strong.

In the last times when i visiting go-gos/beerbars first im interesting to take

a girl out but then some thought coming up about the dangerous. After that

i left the point alone. Not happy but more safe. (and cheap).

For a couple of years i know a very nice lady friend working as gogo in NEP.

After she was infected with HIV she dont works more as dancer but she works for nearly a year as doorgirl in same gogo-bar in NEP.

...hmmhhh...

Archived