First Phase Of Rice Loan Bids Underway

Flashermac

Meanwhile, caretaker Commerce Minister Niwatthumrong Boonsongpaisan said China had expressed concerns about the Thai government's ability to supply rice to it under a government-to-government contract. China could cancel the deal. He said that next week he would discuss the matter with the Chinese company involved.

Setting the stage to refute the charge that there was no govt-to-govt deal, point to this as "proof" that they lost the deal!

:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: cav, exactly!!! "Hey...I won the lotto and never had a ticket...WTF

TIT at its best! :rotl: :rotl: :rotl: :rotl: :rotl:

like here's our rice deal now leave us the fuck alone to milk this prime rice scheme till its death...only umm...there never was a deal...cuz the buyer actually have a brain :)thus will the famers ever get the true story & eventually NOT vote as usual for toxin??

OF fucking course not!!!

Cand like umm so we fucked up big time and now our core farm voters may not vote for us in this already fucked up vote in a few days so lets think up another scam for them to fall for like...a bank loan bidding 2 days before election day to be paid out on that same day...only there never was any real bidding...and obviously no money to pay out...even for the votes :neener: :neener:

That the govt is so relaxed about this shows how confident/resigned they are to the election results - landslide, again, but no quorum (thanks to physical obstruction of the candidate registration process! - PDMC's views and demands are so far from rational, I'd think we were in Cambodia. Two groups of elites: the old crony-capitalist families and jao-paws, or the new crooked swindlers. The old team has been screwing the rice farmer over for so long, the villages would probably take any alternative.

Interesting stat in - I think - a Jonathan Head article recently: spending in a certain region has gone from 10% of the budget, to 25% of the country's budget, in the last 20 (30?) years. The region? The entire country, outside of Bangkok. No wonder the countryside is fed up. 75% of the budget spent in the capital city - that's Roman decadence....

YimSiam

PS: I don't stand by those figures up there, I may have them totally wrong. Or slightly wrong.

I seriously doubt those figures. Then again, things like sky train and underground systems do cost a lot of money. So do things like the huge new parliament building that Pheu Thai is building. :hmmm:

I've often asked why factories only seem to be built around Bangkok. Why not move them upcountry, where the workers are? But even taxi drivers give me the same answer: transportation costs. :dunno:

"People repeatedly speak of the sense of empowerment they have felt in being able to elect a government they see as representing their interests, and not one backed by the traditional Bangkok-based royalist and business establishment.

The statistics speak for themselves. Thirty years ago less than 10% of the national budget went to areas outside Bangkok. That has risen to roughly 25% today."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26000693

Yeah, and also, thirty years ago that first...

Digging out some figures from ... http://visualeconomi...nd-their-money/

Thailand national budget:

- defense 7%

- health care 11.3%

- education 29.5%*

So how does that agree with the BBC's statement? Health care and education are only for people in Bangkok? I'd say just more crap from the pro-left BBC.

*From http://data.worldban....XPD.TOTL.GB.ZS

Archived