Police Start Reclaim Areas From Democracy Monument From Protesters

limbo

Rumour says Yingluck called and told Chalerm to knock off attacks on the protesters on an important Buddhist holy day. Even she had enough sense to realise how badly that would be viewed. Could be. :dunno:

PDRC plans solemn Makha Bucha celebrations

The anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) will hold a religious ceremony today to celebrate Makha Bucha Day, starting with alms-giving to Buddhist monks at 7am, followed by preaching by monks on Silom Road next to the Lumpini protest site.

PDRC secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban is calling for another major three-day rally starting today until Sunday in a bid to oust the government. Activities, including selling poppy flowers to aid war veterans, will also be held at the protest site. :)

Suthep will lead protesters to declare that Thailand belongs to the people and not the family of caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Since it is Valentine's Day today, Suthep said protesters will express their love for Thailand and announce their break-up with caretaker premier Yingluck and pray that ousted and fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra will not bother Thailand any longer.

A source from the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order yesterday told reporters to cover a "special mission" at the Metropolitan Police Bureau at 6am today. Spokesperson Sunisa Lertpakawat confirmed the mission but refused to reveal what it is.

"I am sorry I can't reveal what it is. But please meet at 6am at the MPB. Then after that please follow the instructions," she wrote to the media. :ph34r:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PDRC-plans-solemn-Makha-Bucha-celebrations-30226835.html

Lots of flak from the protest stage about Chalerm turning a religious holiday into a day of conflict. Allegedly, Yingluck initially gave her approval ... and then had second thoughts. Interesting video from Chaeng Wattana ... lines of policemen in riot gear facing protesters sitting and praying peacefully. Reminded me of the civil rights marches in my much younger days.

Archived