Protesters Return To Government House

Flashermac

Rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban led anti-government protesters on a march to Government House on Monday to prevent caretaker premier Yingluck Shinawatra from working there

"I fear I may offend the military by laying siege to the Government House, but if I don’t, I will seize it. We are sure that our protest will bring down Thaksin Regime. If we don't, then Thaksin's son, Panthongtae (Oak) will surely become the new prime minister. I pledge to all my brothers and sisters that I have the spirit to fight until the bitter end," Suthep told the cheering crowds.

The protesters set up a stage at Government House, where their leaders will take turns to speak out against the government. They say they will stay overnight possibly until Wednesday.

Suthep led the march from the Pathumwan rally site and visited the rally site of the Student and People Network for Thailand’s Reform (STR) before marching to Government House.

STR leaders Nithitorn Lumlue and Uthai Yodmanee also joined the march. After arriving at the Government House, Suthep took the stage and challenged Chalerm Yoobamrung, chief of the government’s Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order, to take Yingluck to work there. Chalerm will be regarded as a coward if he fails to do so, he said. :susel:

Suthep and other core leaders then helped block the Government House by pouring cement into the moulds of the barriers.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Protesters-return-to-Government-House-30226997.html

Archived