Another one bites the dust

Man at Work

Just read in a German paper about a guy sentenced for 4 yrs in jail for fraud.

He brought a TG home and pretended to be a big earner. Earning ? 1400 a month he gave her ? 1000 a WEEK to care for her family (the usually "father operation", "sick buffalo" "grandmas burial" bit).

He ended up stealing 400.000 ? from his company. Now he is in jail and the Thai wife and her 3 kids she brought along live from German welfare (as she was married to him for over 4 yrs)

Do they never learn????

>Do they never learn????

The guys or the girls?

>He ended up stealing 400.000 ? from his company. Now he is in jail and

>the Thai wife and her 3 kids she brought along live from German welfare (as she was married to him for over 4 yrs)

At ?1000/week for at least four years she skimmed off ?200000 of the take. Now she and the kids are living off German welfare in Germany, which is probably somewhat better than having nothing in Thailand. The kids probably will have a shot at getting into the German education pipeline and will have access to opportunities they never might have had in Thailand. I cannot help feeling that they did not get a rough deal...

Wagner

Imagine going from Thailand's climate, having lived there for one's entire life, to that of Germany ???

How you guys can even get on the plane back to Europe after spending time in the LOS is a mystery to me. In February, I left 35 deg Celsius in BKK and returned to 38 deg C in BNE. Even now, with the onset of the Southern winter, the locals are shivering after it 'plummeted' to 5 deg C in the west last night - luckily, the temp will be back in the mid-twenties by 10am and we can strip off the 3 layers of clothing we are wearing ...

The guys of course.

And the wife and the three kids sure did get a good deal. But the fellows life is ruined . Just by pi****** while not beeing able to lift his leg high enough.

Dumb, but i feel sorry for him.

Tel Aviv, as the french say.

Don't understand the family in the original post - if she had extracted that much money from the husband, is not there anything left in her account to give her and their children decent life in rural Thailand?

Hope I'll never see North America nor Europe in winter again. I am even refusing fully paid business trips to there....No money, aside the welfare, would keep me there.

Artiew:

Sydney is usually about 3C cooler than BNE. The lowest temperature ever recorded in Sydney was on June 8th 1932: +3.2C !. I mean, on the harbour, not in the west....

TTM, I take raw temp figures with a grain of salt - wind chill factor in Winter is the killer. Just spend a weekend in Canberra and you'll know what I mean !

I grew up in Sydney, and I seem to remember wet and windy winters - nothing on Adelaide, but pretty unpleasant nonetheless. We are blessed with dry winters and (usually) wet summers - the way God intended :}

Had to laugh at the Kiwi on The Panel last night - she said that the Dalai Lama refused to leave the plane in Christchurch, claiming it was 'an evil place' ! LOL ! Clearly, he's never spent much time in the Cross ....

Archived