Beer Gardens Targeted

Sarisin

quote:

Originally posted by Flashermac:

Wonder how far it will go. Will I one day have to worry about the local cops pounding on my door after midnight to make sure I'm not drinking a beer at home?

Well this already happens when playing cards (but started before Purichai new social order)

frown.gif" border="0

'For us visitors, though, who've spent the long months since our last trip living and working in the Sanuk Free Zone, we're still gonna think we've landed in an earthly paradise!'

Don't be too optimistic.

After rather calm weeks, we already started thinking that Purachai's law and order crusade fizzles. Their were even guys talking that from December on everything is back to normal.

I admit I hoped it too, but not really believed in it. The current government consists of a group of corrupt, right wing freaks and they really fuck up the whole country, ("30 Baht" law, new airport, 25% clause for foreign investment in telecommunication, spending Thailand’s foreign currencies within only 8 months... and last but not least pestering the few tourists still coming with ridiculous laws and crackdowns).

It all started over with the head articles in the Bangkok Post and Nation on Thursday about installing a curfew for all under 20. Hey, where are we living?! In Afghanistan? Are we under siege?

It continued with rides on Nana this Friday. The whole night the girls were dressing and undressing until the whole place was shut down at 1:10am by more the 50 policemen, fifty minutes earlier then usually. On Saturday there were no shows and all girls were dancing fully dressed. Again there was plenty of police around, who closed the place at 1:30am. The newest rumor I got from several girls is that according to the DJ today Nana Disco won't open.

Well done Khun Purachai, that’s the right way to promote tourism! Tourists love countries where they are pestered with urine samples because of drinking a beer after 1am or where their places are shut down for 30 days because playing some music after 2am. They love if Thais can shoot policemen in the head without being arrested and this place remains of course open, because the 'poor owner' can't control for weapons. Patrons in Nana, Soi Cowboy, Patpong, Clinton and Pattaya on the other hand are able to check the age of all guests.

I am really pissed and wondering what this sick brain will do next?

Archived