Covering ones tracks from a work PC

spirit_of_town_hall

"I understang Khun Sanuk for doing it but I wish that BG saying Handsum Man come inside was taken off, otherwise the site looks totally respectable. "

and here was me thinking it was a clever opening page which greeted each user personally by their own names smile.gif

I have used the commercial proxy site at www.idzap.com. The advantage of this one over many others is that it uses a secure connection between Idzap and your PC, so everything is encrypted. It costs about 15$ a quarter, not much when compared with the cost of loosing a job trough a transgretion of their internet policy (if they have one).

If you have sufficient permissions to install programs on your PC, I would also recommend using either historykill (www.historykill.com) or window washer (www.webroot.com) to clear up the IE cache, history and registry files.

Using a secure proxy is not a bad idea, however I would only use it when you don't want the MIS to see what URLs you visit. Don't use the proxy for all your "safe" traffic the reason is that if your employers sees that you are using a proxy for everything they might feel like you are not being a team player. If yu minimize our proxy transactions you always can say you were just doing online banking or buying a Ronco Kitchen Magician. Of course it depends on where you work but I have seen it happen before.

Archived