Malaysia Bans Noah Movie For Depicting "islamic Prophet"

Flashermac

Malaysia officially recognises Islam, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism. All Malaysian ID cards state the bearer's religion- even if they no longer practice it. (Atheism is not allowed in Malaysia!) The Islamic religious police are not supposed to bother non-Muslims, but in reality they do. They have just forced Malaysian Christians to stop using Allah as the name of the Divinity, even though the Arab Christians had used it before Muhammad was born. They also do this crap with movies. Remember the film "Babe" about the adventures of a pig? The religious police had a fit over it, since apparently Muslims are not even supposed to look at a pig. :p

The Buddhist service was meant to appease the Buddhist relatives of the Chinese passengers. I suspect that was the main reason it was held.

p.s. I don't know if Judaism is recognised, but I do know that Israelis and even Israeli products are banned from entering Malaysia. There are big signs at immigration stating that. An Israeli friend's children did travel in Malaysia, but they did so on German passports gained thanks to their maternal grandmother having been born there.

Archived