Aborigine Girls in Australia

"Once were warriors" was the movie.

There's also been a recent episode of Goldie's The World's Most Dangerous Gangs on cable featuring NZ's The Mongrel Mob. A delightful group of fellows who are mostly Maoris. I'm sure some of our Antipodean board members probably have some tales of their community activities.

I can confirm that there are some very scary black gangs in NZ , unlike Oz where there are NO black gangs , just crazed loners. The Mongrel MOb & Blacl POwer are the real deal , though you can't believe eberything you see in Once were warriors.

I disagree with Artiew that it is best to stay away from Oz blacks ( sorry but I am not PC ) . I just take everyone on their merits & I guess thats why I ended up shagging a half caste as posted above . It's not like they are born with "crazy" genes after all. Though I know there are many sad/ bad stories .

I had a very very scary experience in "the block" in Redfern about 2 years ago when I was attacked witha syringe by a kid no older than 12 who had track marks all up his neck, not very nice . The ones who helped me were the older aborigines that were hanging around at the same time.

Zoot said :

I disagree with Artiew that it is best to stay away from Oz blacks

Dude, my advice was as much for their protection as yours :}

I agree that there are good and bad in every part of town , even Redfern (I used to walk thru Redfern on my way home [Newtown] on Friday nights in the 80's, often pissed as a newt, without a problem), but it seems that aboriginal women have only one thing to trade. No-one wants to employ them, and they are abused by their own people. Yes, the parallels with women from Isaan and other Thai outposts are obvious, but even they would face less discrimination in Oz than our indigenous people. I've often thought that the worst thing that could happen to me would be to reincarnated as an aboriginal lesbian. I'll take the life of a bargirl anytime over a fate like that.

Having had my rant, anything involving 2 consenting adults is beyond my sanctimonious, all-knowing gaze :}

Redfern itself is a reasonably compact suburb, probably about a square kilometre or so - the area of most concern is a notorious Aboriginal ghetto called, from memory, The Block. Its always been pretty rough down there, but the last 10 or so years seem to have brought it all to a head. It has become a focal point for aboriginal protest, and the cabbies claim that the Police are unwilling to go down there. Whatever the real story, its one scary looking place by day - wouldnt like to risk it at night.

Redfern is about 2-3 kms from Sydneys CBD, and my advice is to avoid it completely (Sydney, that is) :}

If you want to see aboriginals, go to Kakadu and talk to the custodians of the land. We pretty much poisoned the rest. Not our proudest achievement.

[color:green]Out of interest whats the Harlem or Redfern of Auckland. color=green>

I believe that South Auckland's Otara is the place you are looking for though South Auckland in general doesn't look that flash.

Remembering that Auckland is the world's largest Polynesian City, Samoan, Tongan, Fijian, Nuiean, Tahitian, Rarotongan, the list goes on. Add to those Maori, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, you name it and this one interesting city. Whites are 80% of the population though and predominately derived from UK origins.

What they say about the Mongrel Mob and Black Power Gangs is appropriate, though there is a concept of Mana, the Maori version of face that indicates you won't allways get killed for talking to one.

Archived