There Is A Curfew ... But Many Seem To Be Ignoring It.

waerth

I just arrived home in Bangkok, Huai Kwang @ 23.15 after a trip to Laem Chabang to play comedy.

We left Bangkok at 15.00 from Lardprao and apart from the 10 soldiers stationed at the Shell pump where we meet there were no soldiers in sight all the way to Laem Chabang. Not even on the motorway near the airport. By the time we reached Laem Chabang the driver started getting phone calls from friends telling him about the coup.

His friends, whom he says life near Aksa road. reported the following:

1) Red shirts shooting Army and vice versa

2) Red shirts refusing to leave and declaring war on the army

then 1 hour later

3) Soldiers fighting with each other in many locations in Bangkok.

So not having the internet and our driver keeping on getting all of these calls I am starting to get very very nervous.

By 21.00 we finally left Laem Chabang. We took Sukhumvit/Bangna-Trad for the first part instead of the motorway. And we then took the road passing the airport on the east side to get back on the motorway. By this time it was already past 22.00 and there were a few soldiers there. But they were not interested in stopping anybody at all. Still quite a lot of traffic, but hey this is the road to the airport.

From there we went on the motorway then followed Rama IX and went right into Ratchada and I left our van at Huai Kwang. Where past 23.00 there was still quite some traffic!! And all of the way from the airport to my home not even 1 soldier. Only a police officer came to me after I left the van and told me .... he you .... go home have curfew. I waied him and walked the last bit. At the beginning of my street the noodle stand was even still open!!!!!

This really is an amazing country. We have a curfew, but many seem to be plainly ignoring it :p

• Like 1

No one is fighting anyone, no shooting. The red shirts have gone home, the whistle blowers have one home, and any "soldiers fighting soldiers" would have been squelched immediately with massive fire power. Typical BS that goes around.

I have been through at least 7 or 8 coups. No one has even bothered me if I happened to be out after curfew. However, if I had been doing anything "suspicious", I could have been arrested.