Carabao

http://en.wikipedia....i/Carabao_(band)

The band choose it's name "Carabao" after the domesticated subspecies of the water buffalo. Carabao happens to be Thailand's most popular band having been around a long time, although controversial at times.

During the mid-90s at least one or two songs on most albums were banned by the government. I was wondering if other artists records have been banned, in members home countries that they might be aware of.

post-55327-0-85294000-1402308966_thumb.jpg

I remember this one quite well - Caravan! I had their tapes (though they were banned), but my Mrs managed to lose them.

post-98-0-76814600-1402314913_thumb.jpeg

<< It launched the Phleng pheua chiwit (เพลงเพื่อชีวิต) (songs for life) genre that has since been popularized by Carabao. >>

<< After the 6 October 1976 Thammasat Massacre, student activists, including members of Caravan, fled to the countryside and neighboring Laos, taking shelter with the Communist Party of Thailand. When amnesty was declared in 1979, the band's members gradually returned from exile, and by 1982 Caraan had released their album Deuan Phen (Full Moon). Other albums followed, including Khon Ti Lek (Blacksmith, 1983) and Live at the 50th Anniversary of Thammasat University (1984). >>

<< The band supported the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD or the "Yellow Shirts") and frequently played during their protests against then prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in 2006 and the anti-government protests 2008. Members of the band also appeared in support of the anti-Pheu Thai government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC or the "Whistleblowers) in the protests between November 2013 and May 2014. >>

http://en.wikipedia....van_(Thai_band)