World Cup hangouts in LOS

Im heading back to LOS this weekend and will be looking for a good place to sit back and watch the world cup.

Can anyone suggest a decent place to hangout and enjoy a few beers while watching the WC on a big screen TV.

Yes I can sit in my apartment and watch it but I want some atmosphere... I can also go to NEP but I want to avoid the BG hassles...

Any suggestions would be great.

PussyRaider

The Living Room bar off the sidewalk in front of Clinton Plaza will be showing matches in their "Chill Out Room" - this is literally a mini-theater within the bar, with theater-style seating (for maybe 30 folks) and a mini-theater sized screen ( I'll guess 3 meters wide by 2 meters high). You can actually reserve seats for games by stopping in and signing up. For overflow crowds, they have added three regular TV's in the outer bar, which provide for decent viewing from almost anywhere.

For anyone who hasn't visited for a while, the New Wave pool bar on Soi 7 is worth a fresh look. The interior has been expanded by about 25%, they've added another pool table, plus a couple of Karaoke video booths, and they have spruced up the interior decor significantly. And - the interior is now freshly outfitted with everything you ever wanted to know about World Cup schedules, teams, etc. They have a projection TV large screen mounted prominantly on the highest wall,plus several other TV's mpounted around the room. The place looks GOOD - and is recently attracting more freelancer talent than usual, as they seek a cooler place than the Soi 7 Beergarden.

"Some mornings, it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps...." - Emo Philips

Stone Soup

I read somewhere that Big Dave from Jools

is making his bar a world cup free zone

That is where I'd be drinking

chok dee

I found The Office a "High Hassle" zone when I was there a few weeks ago. Better in that area (IMHO) is Blu Bar BQ, a little further down Soi 33 - subsoi just before Monet. 80 baht beers all night, big screen in upstairs sports bar. Plans for WC screenings I don't know, but worth a try.

In my experience low hassle, but some pretty ladies if you are interested.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry reply is so late.

I went with a friend - I think that was the problem. He goes there regularly and talks to one particular girl. I got her friend who I did not like particularly and was massaging my shoulders and generally a pain in the neck. She was quite aggressive and it turned me off the place.

Went again a few days ago, with same friend and it was not too bad. I still thought they were pushy though, but maybe it is because they see him canoodling with his girl they think I want to do the same thing.

To be fair, I in fact left something behind when we left and the girl I had been talking to came chasing down Soi 33 to catch me and give it back. I would agree that it is one of the better places in 33, but I think Blu Bar BQ is better.

Khwai

Archived