Usa Shootings Thread

dean

Yrs ago. in basic training (US Army), I'm standing in front of a range instructor with a live hand grenade in my hand. His job is to make sure I throw the grenade safely. I pull the pin and throw the damned thing but it slides off the side of my hand and in the direction of the...Company Commander...nobody got hurt... but shit happens.

There isn't, Dean has just got his nose out of joint because I posted about a US gun incident outside the USA forum and KS didn't reprimand me. Very childish really. :shakehead

. Come on, MM, don't just tell half of the story. About 7-8 months ago, I started a thread about the start up of insurance through Obamacare. Because it is very big deal, I didn't include it in the USA thread. MM, in his role of unofficial moderator, had no constructive comments about the subject but stated that the subject should be put in the USA thread. I let the thread die. Fast forward to this week. MM decides to start a thread about the 9 year old accidentally shooting her instructor and not put it in the USA thread. Now, he says it is alright to occasionally post a subject about the US in a separate thread if there are enough people that don't usually read the USA thread and might be interested in the subject. The only people that are interested in topics about US shootings that don't read the USA thread are those that generally agree with MM. I don't think I have to clarify which side of the argument he falls on. In my 11 years on the board, I can't remember MM making any positive statement about the US. However, my starting the thread is to allow those that want to discuss US gun laws to have a thread to go to after the next shooting. As that was MM's original intent in starting a thread about the Uzi incident, I would think that he would welcome the new thread with open arms. That was your intent, wasn't it?

Yrs ago. in basic training (US Army), I'm standing in front of a range instructor with a live hand grenade in my hand. His job is to make sure I throw the grenade safely. I pull the pin and throw the damned thing but it slides off the side of my hand and in the direction of the...Company Commander...nobody got hurt... but shit happens.

We were all in separate blastwall cubicles on the grenade range. If someone screwed up, it would only take out the 2 of them. I heard that a friend from BCT later was killed in such an accident in his advanced infantry training. The NCO plunked the grenade into his right hange and told him to pull the pin and throw it. Problem was that Henyard was left-handed. He pulled the pin, then switched the grenade to his left hand. It went in an air burst as he threw it! Killed him and seriously injured the NCO. It was the NCO's fault for not asking if he was left-handed. :p