do i need a visa?

sfcfan

hi guys - just a quickie newbie question here -

will i be allowed into thailand without a visa if the date of the return portion of my plane ticket is more than 28 days out( 6 months to be exact) - or do they assume you will do the normal border runs and let u in regardless?

thanks in advance kev- soon to be the newest and only southampton fan in thailand

see you soon for a beer and love to join in on the quiz nights

Consider your nationality and racial category. Unless you fit the profile of an historically problematic group, Thai immigration will not even ask for your plane tickets. All they look at is the block on your entry card that says how may days you plan to stay. Just put 28 days in that block - they will stamp you in with a 30 day entry permit, and then you are on your own.

For a very few racial/etchinc/national profiles, they may actively seek to exclude people whom they believe will overstay illegally - and may require a return ticket as you arrive. In about 90 entries into Thailand over past seven years, I think I saw this happen once - to a group of what looked like Bangladeshi (or Sri Lanken?) young men, who looked like ship's crew, or construction crew. I think they were herded off to a holding area - probably to await arrival of an employment sponsor, as opposed to awaiting deportation.

Have a good visit!

Stone Soup

Archived