Thailand’S Junta Leader Has Millions In Cash, Cars, Luxury Goods

cavanami

Thailand’s Junta Leader Has Millions in Cash, Cars, Luxury Goods

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-31/thailand-s-junta-leader-has-millions-in-cash-cars-luxury-goods.html?cmpid=yhoo

Thailand’s junta leader Prayuth Chan-Ocha has assets of more than 102 million baht ($3.1 million), more than half of it in cash bank deposits, according to figures released by the nation’s anti-corruption agency.

The joint declaration from Prayuth and his wife -- who has an additional 26.3 million baht in assets -- includes more than 14 million baht worth of cars, among them a 2011 Mercedes Benz S600L and a 2009 BMW 740Li, and more than 10 million baht in jewelery and luxury watches, including three Rolexes. He also owns more than half a dozen handguns...

Whats wrong with owning more half a dozen handguns? Just off hand, I think I have 7 at home in the States. One was carried by my grandfather in his work, another is a WWII souvenir my dad brought home, a third a WWI souvenir from my grandfather, and a .25 cal Colt automatic was carried by my grandmother for protection in Prohibition era Chicago, when you couldn't count on the cops to help you. The others were gifts.

Sounds familiar Flash... I have my grandfathers pistol that he used as turn of the century chief of security for Southern Pacific Railroad/

my grandmothers 32 auto she carried when he was away working- my mothers 25 cal./ my Dad's European 1911 service weapon (that has some wear)

and then there is my collection of various S and W wheel guns / Les Baers/ Browning/etc - Hm I like them...

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno::grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

• Like 1

tay-za.jpg?w=600

ce22250.jpg?w=600

It is said that Supremo Than Shwe keeps 4 billion USD in cash in the bunker below his mansion in Naypyidaw. The attached photos support that information. Cash is everything for them since only hard cash in US dollar has exchange value at black markets worldwide for fire arms to stolen sports cars. Whether Tayza is merely a portfolio manager for Than Shwe or a real businessman with some clout remain unclear. With this accumulation of wealth their greatest fear must be mass protests since they saw what happened to some luxury homes of BSPP chairpersons in provincial areas during 1988 uprising.

tay-zas-home1.jpg?w=600

With no evidence of ‘trickling-down effect’ of their wealth, targeted sanctions against SPDC business cronies are fully justified. But other sanctions against economic engagement that can promote social economy and small enterprises, such as tourism, trade and investment, that will provide better opportunities for life to the Burmese populace must be removed as soon as possible.

Sounds familiar Flash... I have my grandfathers pistol that he used as turn of the century chief of security for Southern Pacific Railroad/

my grandmothers 32 auto she carried when he was away working- my mothers 25 cal./ my Dad's European 1911 service weapon (that has some wear)

and then there is my collection of various S and W wheel guns / Les Baers/ Browning/etc - Hm I like them...

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno::grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Granddad was Railway Express (and before that Wells Fargo). They often handled money shipments, hence the Colt Army Special .38 Revolver (1916). I've seen them selling for around $800 in the same condition. The .32 automatic was taken from a captured German officer in 1918.

• Like 1