So You Think The Us Police Are Well Trained?

Flashermac

Does this sound like proper training???

Charges Dropped For Cop Who Fatally Shot Sleeping 7-Year-Old Girl

Officer Weekley recently saw manslaughter charge dropped against him

http://www.infowars.com/charges-dropped-for-cop-who-fatally-shot-sleeping-7-year-old-girl/

In all of the melee resulting from the shooting of Michael Brown by Officer Darren Wilson, the media has overlooked a number of other very important shootings of unarmed civilians by police officers. One of the most egregious offenses is that of Officer Joseph Weekley’s fatal shooting of 7-year-old Aiyana Stanley-Jones.

Officer Weekley recently saw manslaughter charge dropped against him, for shooting the 7-year-old while she slept.

The Detroit police officer had been on trial for involuntary manslaughter who was shot and killed during a 2010 police raid.

But early in October, Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Cynthia Gray Hathaway granted a motion which Weekley’s attorney had filed, arguing for the dismissal of the felony charge he faced in the young girl’s death...

This incompetent, had already pulled the trigger once without knowing if the gun was loaded. He should certainly not be instructing anyone on how to use weapons. Lets hope he was transfered to an office job somewhere for his own safety and everyone else.

Once upon a time most US police were ex-military: WWII, Korea and VN War vets. They'd all had military weapons training and possibly even combat experience. Nowadays, most just seem to go through the police academy. I doubt if their weapons training is very much.

p.s. Two of my friends are retired police, one a Marine Corps combat vet and the other an Army combat vet. Two more are former sheriff's deputies, one a Korean War vet and the other a peace-time Army vet. That's the way it used to be. Whenever I see photos of today's SWAT teams, I immediately think of Robocop. :p

• Like 1