Hong Kong action

trotsky2

Taipan,

I see its been a while since you've visited Hongkers! Mad Dogs Kowloon has been closed for more than 3 years. Same same for the Bull and Bear which was once in the BofA building. Mad Dogs near Lan Kwai fung is still open and there is Delaney's in Wanchai and Tsim Sha Tsui, a pretty good irish pub. For food, I was impressed by this Italian chain called Fat Angelo's - or something like that. There are 2 or 3 of these in Hongkers. I wish they had these in LoS!

Hi acerv,

Mad Dogs shut down oh my god! That place was an institution! You are right I have not been to HK since just before the hand over. I would really like to re visit it again soon but time is being spent in PI and LOS at present however I'm sure I'll get back there one of these days! The only problem is that the wife wants to go with me and that just ain't good news!!!!

Taipan

• 2 weeks later...

Was in Hong Kong two weeks ago and the sanuk scene is pretty good.

Firstly, Mad Dogs is now in Lan Kwai Fong, but has no band.

Secondly, in Hong Kong there is a considerable female Filipino community that work as maids, bar girls, waitresses etc and they like to go out to drink and flirt. Also present is a suprising number of Thai girls too - Thai girls automatically get a 4 week visa for Hong Kong, no questions asked.

I was there for a week and got 1 filipino girl home and 1 thai girl home. No money changed hands at all - however getting them pissed in the bars and disco's of Kong Kong is not exactly cheap..

Try The New Makati Disco in Lockhart Street in Wan Chai and Neptunes Disco also in Wan Chai. They are both great places to hunt for Thai's and Flippers.

I live in Thailand and although I love it here, hand on heart I can say (only since the crackdown begun) Hong Kong partys harder than Bkk - although obviously the sanuk scene does'nt compare...

My Cow Jai,

Unless you are regularly home after 7am then I don't see how Bangkokians party harder than Hong Kongers.......HK is known as a city that never closes.....

Sanukboot.

Archived