Hong Kong action

trotsky2

I will be in HK for two days in about two weeks. I am not looking for sanuk activities but some good places to visit. I have never been to HK before. Where would a good place be to watch World Cup matches? If you had two days what are some places you would not leave without visiting? Cheers

If weather permits I'd visit the Hongkong Peak on HK Island. From there you'll have a breathtaking view over HK harbour and Kowloon peninsula. It's also nice to take a boat trip to Lamma island where you can find several open air seafood restaurants which serve you the freshest seafood on earth. Really delicious! And for HK standards not too expensive.

lots of freelancing PP maids on Jaffe Street ( Ricks ) in Wan Chai, HK Central..3 blocks from the Star Ferry terminal

Hollywood Street ( top of the Esclator HK Central ) is way cool for 'old Chinese stuff'.. used & bruised remains, from junk shops to antiques.

If you are looking specifically for sanuk, be aware that it is a totally different scene out there.......

Best info is here, buried in older threads......... do a search and you will find answers to all your questions, print, memorise and take it with you on your trip !

Cheers !

Lets see;

1 day in Hong Kong:

Airport Express to Central

Go To Peak Tram

Up on the peak go have a look at the view down on HK island and kowloon

Back down on the peak tram, walk to Star Ferry and go to Tsim Sha Tsui

Walk down Nathan Road

Finish shopping nathan road and head back to Star Ferry

Take the ferry to Wan Chai

Have a look at the exhibition centre

Walk to Causeway Bay

Do some more shopping

Head back to the airport via airport express (23 minutes)

Sanukboot.

you could also go up the worlds longest escalator from Central to Mid Levels... (10:15am onwards only goes up to Mid Levels...

Ladies and flower markets around Mongkok are also a good for cheap shopping...

Sanukboot.

There is an excellent bar in Kowloon called Mad Dogs, great live band. Can't remember exactly where it is but your hotel will be able to sort that out for you.

There are numerous English type pubs in HK, best known is probably Bull Dog, under the Bank America Tower.

Have fun HK is a great place. Take a trip to Lee Yue Mun if you like fantastic fresh sea food.

Taipan

Archived