Are higher price BG less likely to have STDs/AIDs?

Keith_USAfro

definately!

a few days ago i have been holding the hand of a dying young girl in the last stage of AIDS, completely emaciated, in enourmous pain. the virus already went into her brain, but she had a few half clear moments.

AIDS in the final stage is not pleasant at all.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contrary to what most others have said, I agree that a higher priced girl is less likely to have STDs/AIDS for some of the reasons you mentioned and many others. But this is only one tiny factor and is not very useful taken by itself; there are many variables to consider and there is always some risk involved in any activity.

Keith,

Here we go again .....

I am a boring, monotonous hound on this subject, but I feel duty-bound to reinforce what many of the members have already said:

1. EVERY time you have sex with someone new, REGARDLESS of where you met her, you run the risk of contracting an STD, and HIV is just one particularly nasty possiblity.

2. ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM.

3. ALWAYS USE A LUBRICANT (KY or similar)

There has been vigorous debate on this board regarding the possiblity of catching HIV during oral activities - either fellatio, cunnilingus or French kissing. My question is this : do you want to be the one to prove the doubters wrong ?? If you have any form of sore/wound/whatever on an area of your body which will come into contact with the other person during sex, think long and hard BEFORE you get to the alcohol and/or foreplay stage. Bleeding gums ? Again, 'up to you'.

Finally, a plea. for everyone out there If you are prepared to risk your own life by having unprotected sex, fair enough - are you prepared to risk the lives of everyone that either she or yourself will have sex with in the future ?

Now go out there and have fun smile.gif

[color:blue]do you want to be the one to prove the doubters wrong ?? color=blue>

Do you want to be the one to go through life forsaking all pleasures only to find out that most of the things you worried about weren't really that dangerous?

To enjoy life you have to take some risks. Whether it is having sex, eating shellfish, skiing, smoking, .... Completely avoiding any risk is just as ridiculous as engaging in recklessly risky behavior.

I, for one, don't think your hysteria on this topic does anyone any good. By not acknowledging the clearly vast differences in risk (and reward) for various behavior, you diminish everyone's capacity to make rational, balanced decisions. This one-sided attitude leads some people to the conclusion that since everything is so risky (even kissing), they might as well not use a condom at all while having anal sex with a drugged up gogo boy.

[color:green]"Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, 'When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?'"color=green>

[color:blue]What are some of the other factors?color=blue>

There are too many to make a useful list and they quickly become too complicated. This could be (and probably is) a PhD thesis project for somebody. Ideally you could develop a questionnaire that would give you the probability, based on the information you had available, of a girl having various STDs. Obviously some of the info you will not have and will not be reliable.

The immediate risk factors are how many men has the girl slept with (blown, etc.) and how often was protection used. Usually the girls are not very forthcoming with the answer to this question, but you might be able to hazard a guess based on various other circumstances.

So clearly the average girl working at a BJ bar will be more likely to have certain STDs, than a girl in the average beer bar. If the girl has been working at the job for many months or years then she is even more likely to have one of the non-curable diseases.

A girl in Soi 33 is probably less likely to have certain diseases, because those girls (AFAIK) are taken out less often than say a girl working at SC gogo. However, many of the girls on Soi 33 might be a little older, which may make them more likely to have contracted something at some point.

The better looking girls in a single bar may be more likely to have some diseases because they are taken out more often. However, they may also have more LT and ultra-LT, so thus fewer number of partners than they would have otherwise. They also typically haven't been in the bar as long, but again direct knowledge of how long in the bar/business would be more useful.

Girls who look "unhealthy" are more likely to have diseases (the unhealthy look may be a result of the diseases or may lower their resistence to these diseases).

"Professional" freelancers are more likely to have diseases than gogo bar girls. This is disputed by several members of the board, but I remain convinced of this.

Girls at bars that test for diseases are less likely to have STDs than others. Not guaranteed to be disease free, just less likely.

Girls who are not big drug users or heavy drinkers are less likely to have STDs.

Girls who are more intelligent or educated are less likely (on average) to have STDs.

Girls working in upscale bars and clubs are less likely to have STDs than girls at cheap places (in general).

Girls with Thai BFs are probably more likely to have STDs.

These are just off the top of my head and there are certainly many more.

But what can one do with all this information, even if the probabilities were clear cut? Presumably you could take more educated risks. E.g. if you wanted a BBBJ, you would get one from a girl with only 5% chance of giving you herpes than 10%. If that 5% chance is worth it, that's up to you.

"assume" that all of them have something.

And with that assumption, like Arti says.. USE YOUR CONDOMS.

I'm sure there are some customers out there who might take LESS precaution if they think she is good looking,higher price,etc. (because if they offer her more $$$ for "no condom".... she might just take it)

Don't let looks deceive you.

troydeere

FarangDang said :

I, for one, don't think your hysteria on this topic does anyone any good. By not acknowledging the clearly vast differences in risk (and reward) for various behavior, you diminish everyone's capacity to make rational, balanced decisions. This one-sided attitude leads some people to the conclusion that since everything is so risky (even kissing), they might as well not use a condom at all while having anal sex with a drugged up gogo boy.

Hey, each to their own, FD - as long as he was 'drugged-up' before he came into contact with you, then go for it. smile.gif

To the best of my knowledge, HIV doesnt make any 'rational, balanced decisions'. It just infects people in a lovely exponential fashion - you, the gogo boy, his boyfriends/girlfriends and so on. Check with the people in sub-Saharan Africa about their decision-making capabilities, and the position it has placed them in.

It all comes down to the good of the group outweighing the whims of the individual : 60 million Thais and countless Westerners should not be put in danger because we shirk our responsibility to ourselves and our fellow man.

I am in agreement that it all starts with using a condom. But I don't trust the condom as the end all in risk reduction. Using a condom with a Drug User is higher risk then using a condom with a non-BG. So I looking for ideas on further reduce the risk short of no sex at all in Thailand.

Archived