Likud Claims Victory.....

acockasian

So now a Palestinian state is out of the question. Despite the billions and billions spent thinking that the wish for a Palestinian state was sincere.....

Netanyahu’s Likud claims 'victory against all odds' in Israel elections

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has announced his party’s election victory, with Likud scooping at least 29 seats in the 120-seat legislative body Knesset as nearly all votes in Israel's election have been counted.

http://rt.com/news/2...-zionist-union/

It's out of the question for the near future (it probably was anyway - at least now the actual cards are on the table where you can see them). I'm not as critical of Israel as most of my peers but this is kind of an ill omen of where things are heading. The ties between Israel and the US right wing and evangelicals becomes stronger at the cost of alienating moderates.

When I took a couple classes at UCLA in 2001 almost everyone tacitly supported Israel and saw them as noble folks fighting for survival. Now you go on campus and the perception is a lot more cynical and critical.

It definitely sucks for the people living in Palestine and the West Bank. It's still a little taboo to show empathy for these folks as people will accuse you of supporting terrorism, but on either coast that is also changing.