Saudi To Invade Yemen? Strikes Already...

Coss

How significant is this?, I've seen statements on Al Jazeera from Iran condemning the strikes and from Saudi Arabia saying things like, 'We are the big dog here, it's time to show this'.

Links and excerpts below

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/dd53ad1a-d37f-11e4-99bd-00144feab7de.html#axzz3VWuLlcXk

The price of oil rose on Thursday as Saudi jets bombed Houthi rebels in the Yemeni capital, raising fears that the civil conflict in the Gulf state could escalate into a regional war.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/saudi-arabia-targets-strategic-areas-around-yemen-in-heavy-bombardment/2015/03/26/4e455830-d343-11e4-8b1e-274d670aa9c9_story.html

Saudi Arabia launched intense airstrikes on neighboring Yemen on Thursday, as part of a bold Arab-led offensive against Shiite rebels that threatened to expand into a war involving ground troops. Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies plunged into the Yemen crisis after a rebel advance forced the country’s Western-backed president to flee and left the Shiite insurgents, known as Houthis, on the brink of controlling the country’s two largest cities.

http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-arabia-launches-operation-yemen-ambassador-234725579.html

Warplanes from a Saudi-led Arab coalition bombed Huthi Shiite rebels on Thursday in support of Yemen's embattled president, as regional rival Iran warned the intervention was a "dangerous" move.Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi, on the eve of a regional summit in Egypt, declared his full support for the strikes against the Huthis who he said had carried out a "coup" in Yemen.

If Yemenis were not likely to be as unruly and unrulable as they are likely to be, if I was a Saudi I'd just annex - didn't work well for Saddam with Kuwait, but perhaps the Saudis would have more international clout... They will certainly get a free pass from the Americans, and that tends to count for something in today's crazy mixed-up world... Al Jazeera's coverage of the strikes and situation so far has been disappointing to me in its very heavy bias towards the Saudi/Sunni side - I'm a very big fan of AJ as an example of what a news network really should be, but now that it's gloves-off in the Sunni-Shia conflict over Yemen, it's hard to consider their coverage impartial - yes, they still tack on a statement or two from Iranians or others acknowledging the Shia perspective, which shows they are at least by the letter of the law still giving both sides, but the emphasis so far has been clearly to the Sunni/Saudi side.

What a mess. And wow, look at the American hardware on display - all those years of supporting the Saudi military finally will be visible (and, the Americans must hope, this war will result in massive reorders by the Saudis and other American friends - fire up the factories back in the States!)

Suddenly the Afghan war seems like a civilized minor sideshow, and the Taliban as a fairly reasonable national liberation movement...

YimSiam

Well it used to be the Roosevelts, the Rockefellas and the Rothschilds, I'd be interested to see if there's an updated list of people who actually run the world...

"According to British conspiracy theorist David Icke, 5- to 12-foot (1.5–3.7 m) tall, blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the Alpha Draconis star system, now hiding in underground bases, are the force behind a worldwide conspiracy against humanity. He contends that most of the world's leaders are related to these reptilians, including George W. Bush of the United States, and Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. Icke's conspiracy theories now have supporters in 47 countries and he has given lectures to crowds of up to 6,000."

• Like 1