Briton Fined Bt100 For Walking Naked In Bangkok On Songkran Day

Coss

Police have located and fined a 25-year-old Briton for exposing himself on Khaosarn Road on Songkran Day, Daily News reported.

After the YouTube clip showing the young farang man walking with no clothes on went viral, police from the Chana Songkram police station went to inspect the scene late Monday night.

Pol Lt Somyos Udomraksasup, deputy commander of the Chana Songkram police station, told Daily News that police officers from his station found the man on Khaosarn Road at 11pm Monday.

The man appeared drunk and was spotted walking around with his shorts in his right hand and with nothing to imagination.

Somyos said the man walked around and caused disturbance to Songkran revelers at the spot with unacceptable behavior.

Police found out that he is a Briton and is 25 years old. Somyos declined to give the name of the man.

The Briton was told to put on his shorts and the officers fined him Bt100 for acting indecently in public place and released him.

Following the incident, the Chana Songkram station stepped up measures to keep order on the Khaosarn Road, Somyos added.

After the news of the Bt100 was reported, several Thai Facebook users posted comments on Daily News page, criticizing police for their "too lenient" action.

For example, Pijuk Singtogeaw, a Facebook user, said Thais were fined Bt500 each for exposing their breast but the Briton was fined only Bt100.

Another Facebook user, Burana Kobutr, said the fine was worth the publicity the Briton had received.

Nong Fai said in a post that the man should have been banned from entering Thailand for six months.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/817781-briton-fined-bt100-for-walking-naked-in-bangkok-on-songkran-day/?utm_source=newsletter-20150417-0732&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Bht 10 per inch?

Each time another of these stories appears about some terrible behavior, my first response is a little bit like those who cry out about cultural sensitivity and all that shit. But I know that by most barometers I do as bad as these dumbasses, you could say, but I do it out of sight - like Thais, keeping things behind the curtain at the ST hotels, or late at night, or on sois dedicated to bad behavior. So quickly, each time I'm actually kind of thankful that these jackasses do their dumb shit in full public view - they establish a new low for expected farang behavior, a low that to all appearances I'm well above. You naked, drunken, stoned, offensive, stubborn assholes - thank you, for making me seem a Quality Tourist in comparison!

Same goes for the hard core cheap charlies out there. And the really ugly motherfuckers, too. Together, you've made me the well-behaved, generous, handsome farang I am today!

YimSiam