How to be sure not to buy fake ''Lacoste''

MartinDK

Hi, can i be sure when i buy lets say Lacoste polo's in the big shopping centers like MBK (Tokyu) that they are not fake? The fakes look as good as the original even with the labels.

I would never but Lacoste or something same at the street vendors at, lets say Patpong etc.

Thanks for any answers-

Martin-

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are Lacoste boutiques at the Emporium and Siam Discovery. I would buy from them. Also, the exclusive counters in department stores such as Sogo and Tokyu are legit. Anything outside a department store or a boutique, and they are fake.

The fake product is NOT as good as the genuine thing. They will shrink to the size of a postage stamp and fall apart after a few washings. The real item may cost four times the price, but it will last at least four times longer.

Hi,

this is not 100 % correct. Sometimes the 'fake' product comes from same factory as the genuine thing, I always buy one, send it to laundry and after that you can determine the quality!

elef

Sorry, but I have intimate knowledge of this issue, and you are wrong. 99% of the "fakes" on the streets of Bangkok come from back alley sweatshops that use inferior materials and illegal immigrant labor. Anyone who knows anything about textiles and stitching can tell instantly.

If you want original quality, buy the original product.

"If you want original quality, buy the original product. "

ROFLMAO!!

you claim to have intimate knowledge on the matter - yet you are talking absolute shit - so sadly misguided it's tragic

Let me guess, Hansum Man...you're one of these guys who gets his suits two-for-a-hundred-bucks at some Bangkok Indian tailor shop -- picking the style out of an Armani catalog -- and thinks he's got something just as good as two $1,500 Armani suits. Am I right?

I got news for you...I can tell a Bangkok suit from about twenty paces away, same as I can tell a Patpong "Lacoste" shirt from the real thing in about two seconds. Perhaps your eye for quality is not quite as sharp.

Archived