Mekong catfish?

Lusty

Hi Rusty

I would love to have a go at one of these animals,i am going to try and find a lake outside Bangkok called Bang Sam Lan.

I am led to believe they have some giant muvver f**kers including Saimese carp.

Try this web site it has got a few details and if you find out where this place is you could drop me a line and let me know cheers.

Boris

www.anglingthailand.com

If you are talking about the Giant Golden Catfish, the Plaa Beuk Thoong, I am afraid it will prove very hard.

They are virtually facing extinction due to overfishing. Besides these huge fish represent a lot of baht.

I would believe it could be a possible reason for resentment among the locals if a farang caught one of these and brought it to shore.

I`ve so far only seen pictures of these fish in Nong Khai and That Phanom. And they *are* huge.

Hua Nguu.

Back where I come from we call them bull heads and they are rare.

You really have to be angling for them to begin with too as they are damned strong. Basically have to have the correct test as they'll break any common line in a heartbeat.

<<burp>>

Viet imports of 'catfish' are coming under heat from southern US 'catfish association' protectionists in the US.

The southeren US catfish industry claims that Viet catfish are not catfish ( apparently consumers cannot tell the differance ) but another 'bred' of bottom feeder.

the 'catfish association' is trying to claim false advertising of the imports.

apparently the differance is not visable or tastable, but genetic family tree differances..

I would believe it could be a possible reason for resentment among the locals if a farang caught one of these and brought it to shore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- I,ve no intrest in killing one of these magnificent fish.Just a couple of trophy photos and return it to the river.

Archived