What's Wrong With This Video?

bust

Just one thing, no buddy punched out the dumb son of a bitch. (He should have gone home, since he doesn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain.)

p.s. I also sure the wally was a wonderful teacher, so good that he didn't even need a visa or WP. Ummm ... he has a CELTA, right? ... and a teaching licence?

What's 'right' about that video (in my opinion :beer:) is it presents some very positive aspects of a much misrepresented, maligned, and misunderstood culture. Thai culture, of course, soft lad. :hug: Though the same could be argued of 'backpacker culture', which is almost exclusively portrayed in a negative light, but it's not my intention to make nor refute that argument here. :nono:

(But I will, a little... :applause: Backpackers get very bad press. :down: Some of them I've encountered in Thailand are indeed obnoxious arseholes, :banghead: but then so are many non-backpackers I've met, and indeed so am I, :drunk: and I've met some decent baackpackers too. Even the obnoxious arseholes are often simply young and displaying the blithely arrogant attitude that only inherited wealth can breed and nurture in a lazy-minded immature pampered person. And the decent ones I've met are understandably embittered by the negative preconceptions folks have of their ilk, so tend to be frosty at first. :hmmm: But I digress... :clown:)

What's possibly 'wrong' about the video (to me, based on my recent experience) is that the bird that pops up out of nowhere to befriend our hapless hero isn't heavily tattooed, out of her box on yaa-ba, in her late forties, and annoying as fuck. :doah:

jack :help:

What's possibly 'wrong' about the video (to me, based on my recent experience) is that the bird that pops up out of nowhere to befriend our hapless hero isn't heavily tattooed, out of her box on yaa-ba, in her late forties, and annoying as fuck. :doah:

Jack,

That's because the hapless dude in the video is young and handsome and sober: three things you aren't any more, soft lad. :applause:

(There. Thought I'd get in with it first, before any of you clowns piped up. :clown:)

• Like 2