Are all the good ones... Stickman Weekly 9/6/2002

Are all the good ones bad? Stickman Weekly 9/6/2002

Sorry, but I just cannot help myself... I don't know which motive Stickman had in including this e-mailed piece. I hope the readers will look at it carefully enough to recognise that it is more a demonstration of the bad judgement that the guy has rather than the bad character of Thai women.

>A sweetie with a great airline job and good breeding, as well as family owned flat and BMW.

---

>Am I so bad to rent at 30 years old and make $30K a year?

As far as I know US income levels, $30K/year is anything but lavish and a far cry from the amount needed to maintain the standard of living this girl was accustomed to. Add to that 'solitary confinement' in a crummy residence with nothing else to do than thinking about how bad things are, it is no surprise that she is acting in a less than level-headed manner. However, a spoiled cutie of any nationality would be behaving the same...

Of course, she also clearly lacked any idea of what he meant by not having big $. (How anybody from USA could not be well-off by Thai standards? We know better, but I suspect most Thais don't.) She had probably always had all she wanted and being denied acces to all those omnipresent perks must be really annoying...

I would call this the old story about girl meets Prince Charming, who turns out to be only charming. It does not really contribute anything to Stickman's research about Thai women.

Wagner

Ws,

Stick simply includes the emails he receives, the criteria being that they are sufficiently interesting to him (and presumably, his readership), and that they deal with some aspect of life in Thailand etc. If you look back thru his earlier stuff, you'll see email which clearly contradicts everything he publicly holds to be true. All published without fear or favour.

If you disagree with something Stick has written, I suggest that you either email him or PM him here. I'm sure that he will be happy to clarify the matter for you.

Stickman provides a valuable service, particularly to newbies - lets not bag the guy without giving him a chance to state his position first.

This particular piece was included because i found it interesting and thought others might too. I neither agree nor disagree with what the guy said. It was included to get a reaction, provide impetus for conversation, which no doubt it has.

This week I had an email from a guy who really thinks I have lost the plot and it too is included. Again, I neither agree nor disagree with what he says. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Stick

>I neither agree nor disagree with what the guy said.

Fine, but please then spell out that policy just like other publications do. Now you have at the top of the Weekly:

All of the material in this column, including all of the text and the photos, is original. It is all copyright Stickman © 2002.

This pretty much implies that the included e-mails have received your stamp of approval.

Wagner

If you pick really any of Stick's columns at random, (as I did the one dated 3-2-2002) you will come up with a reader's email that you won't like.

(that one in particular had an email about a guy who said to marry a Good Thai Girl was the same as marrying a bg.... you get the same lies. etc)

And I KNOW Stick would'nt agree with that.

That's why I like his column... I HAVE to read it, but I DON'T have to agree with all of it.

Keep it up Stickman!

troydeere

Wagner,

"All of the material in this column, including all of the text and the photos, is original. It is all copyright Stickman © 2002.

This pretty much implies that the included e-mails have received your stamp of approval. "

No, it pretty much implies that you don't understand what copyright means.

Regards, JEff

I totally agree. If this guy doesn't like Stickman's style. then don't bother to read it. Simple.

Or maybe he has been listening to our revered Prime Minister (of Thailand that is) and wants everything only his way.

I love the column Stick - my highest ambition is to win the pic of the week competition.

Khwai

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the guy and thinks the girls is acting a bit too spoilt?

This girl was supposed to be in love and asa result moved to Miami.

Now because she cant sit on her arse all day and live a lavish existance she suudenly turns against the guy she supposedly loved.

Granted the guy knows how far $30k will go in USA but presuamably this was discussed to some extent before she moved.

Mummy and Daddy are not there to provide BMW's and Flats anymore so she has entered the real world. This will probably do her some good in the first place.

I understand she will also be suffering from a culture shock and home sickness, but again noone put a gun to her head.

Too have a good airline job presumably her English is of a fair standard, enough to get some kind of employment. I have come accross enough people in the terrtiary industry in New York to know perfect English is not a pre-requisite for employment.

Archived