China Visa Questions

Anyone here have details on getting a visa (basic tourist visa - type L I believe) for China in BKK? In the US it is $30 for 4-5 day service and $45 for 2 day service. Is this aboout the same for BKK? An old Lonely Planet book that I have lists the address as 57 Ratchadaphisek Road. Is that still good? Thanks.

The Embassy of China in BKK is actually pretty good. I get my "crew" visa there.. Only US$10 more than in the US, but they issue on a "next day" basis versus a 5/7 business day processing period for the SFO Consulate in the US.

Very helpful staff too!

--UPSer

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I recently called the consulate in SFO. The guy that I talked to said that I could get a visa in BKK and that it should be "about the same" price as in the US. HE wasn't exactly sure. He did not know about turn around time. He also didn't know where the embassy was located. This whole issue is not really a big deal but I am wondering how close to the last minute that I can decide to go. I am guessing that I will be safe in waiting to get to BKK to decide. Now I just have to figure out how long it will take them to process it. I'll take a chance that there will not be a big difference in price. How much is your "crew" visa?

My crew visa is a 60-month multi and I recall it was B5000. I also had to show current HIV exam, Yellow Fever and have a certified letter (know as a chop letter) from our Airline department. Visa was ready and affixed in three days.

--UPSer

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Archived