Dang Bireley movie?

thai3

[color:blue]All these discs have subtitles which I have never seen on VCD, some of the translations seem a bit off but anything is better than trying to follow a film in thai only.color=blue>

All the DVDs should include both English and Thai subtitles. I like seeing the Thai subtitles so I can figure out exactly what they're saying (albeit really, really slowly). The English is great if I just want to enjoy the scenery and not think too hard.

For most Thai movies I found I don't miss much if I don't follow the plot (if I did know the plot I'd probably think it was trite); to me "Daeng Bireley" was a couple guys shooting at another bunch of guys and then blowing something up and then, is that the same guy as before? wait, who is that old guy? isn't that guy his friend? why is he shooting at him now? Never mind, here's another scene with Champagne Intachak. Still interesting though.

"Nang Nak" and other period pieces (or those set in the country) are especially difficult to comprehend. They don't even use pom, khun, dichan, etc., but obscure (for me) Thai pronouns that differ by class, age, and phase of the moon.

Yes you are correct, the DVD's do have the thai subs as well. I just watched body jumper which I thought was going to be a scary film, but is quite a silly comedy. The only thing which kept me watching it was the lead actress who is an outstanding beauty, anyone know her name and what other films she has been in?-peter

Last time I was in Bangkok I wanted to pick up a copy of the film "goal club." Unfortunately this dvd did not sport any subtitles. i had seen the movie in the theater and liked it a lot. Too bad for the subtitles though:-(

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived