Thai Beer

Flashermac

Well, Boonrawd Brewery's new entry is starting to show up in the 7-11's and elsewhere. It's called Thai Beer and is obviously aimed at competing with Chang. Chang has been the strongest beer at 6.4% alcohol. Thai Beer is labelled 6.5%! Chang is still a bit cheaper though. Tried a Thai Beer yesterday. Didn't taste like much, but it was potent all right.

Funnily enough my house is nicknamed "ban chang" and my street "soi lao khao",nothing to do with me mind.Thai beer is cheaper than Chang in the 7-11 and have tried it.As far as I'm concerned if it gets ya pissed and dosnt taste of horses piss then who gives a monkeys.

tough guy shooters all round.

T.C.

Beer Chang has always been my favorite since it first came out. Because I like the taste. I had no idea what the alcholic content of the various beers were. Are they printed on the bottles? If so I have never noticed.

I think Beer Chang is a fine tasting beer. I think because it was marketed as a less expensive discount beer people have a negative preconcieved opinion about it.

Anyway everyone has there own personal preferences.

At least we have a lot wider choice then a few years ago. Before it was just Singha or Kloster.

>Chang is still a bit cheaper though.

I was in Bang Saen last month and we bought some Thai Beer from the supermarket there. As I recall it was cheaper than Chang at 20B/can unless there was some sort of promotion on. I really think it needs to be cheaper as it tasted like sh!t. I'll stick with Chang.

Cheers,

kind of off subject, I'm back in the US and everytime I see a SINGHA label I get a hardon?

Pavlov's dog?

I too feel that beer chang gets a bad rap and is quite tasty.

I got a couple of cans of Thai Beer to try it in my local 7-11. It was 27 baht each, while Chang is 25 baht. Different prices for different areas???

p.s. Can't find Black Tiger beer around me any more. There's something called Black Beer. Same thing, I wonder? 7-11's never carried either one. Just as they don't carry Tumbler, the only drinkable Thai "whisky". (Tumbler tastes like a cheap Scotch. It must have caught on with some Thais, since it's gone up about 20 baht in the last 1 year or so.)

Archived