Theater/Movies

quote:

Originally posted by BLKBOLT:

Fellas

Can someone tell me where I can find a theater that has English speaking movies or movies with English sub-titles in Bangkok?

Check out www.movieseer.com which has links to all the cineplexes. Siam used to be one of my favorites but its been superceded by many more modern complexes all with English language original soundtracks.

Cheers,

My favorite is the Major Cineplex in the WTC,newest place I know of in town.Some of the theaters there are a bit small but they're all very clean,confortable and with a good sound sound system

Major cinelplex is ok, but I like the movie theatre in MBK. Only problem is, hope to god that your BG knows how to get there INSIDE mbk. I've never seen an escalator system set up like that! It's like looking at an aerial shot of the Los Angeles freeway knot.

The Major group is also building a MegaPlex out on Rangsit, which will dwarf all the others. Forget how many screens. Things to consider when going to the movies are price , number of different films they're showing and how long it takes to get there. My favorites include Central Param 3 for it's consistent choice of different movie on each screen and low price. I have never been to WTC as the traffic always seems too heavy. I also like the Major complexes when I'm with the lady since there is very little in the shops there on the way up to the movie that entices her to spend more of my money!

Cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by BLKBOLT:

Can someone tell me where I can find a theater that has English speaking movies or movies with English sub-titles in Bangkok?

Unless you're staying way out of town then virtually every cinema shows most of their movies with the original soundtrack for MOST screenings (it will specify in the press if they are showing with Thai soundtrack rather than vice versa.

Have you actually looked for one?

LG

If you're thinking of taking in a movie at the moment, beware - Bangkok has gone Harry Potter crazy.

I was at the Multiplex in Ekkami yesterday and 5 of the 6 screens (?) were showing Harry Potter.Loads of little brats running around and harry Potter books and tat everywhere you look.

Luckily I was only there to see 'the Score' and as luck would have it I only had to wait 20 minutes for the next show.

Good movie. How can a movie with Brando and De Niro fail anyway, but still thought that Edward Norton upstaged them both.

Sad to see that Brando is really getting on now and his speech has become noticeably slurred.

Thanks fellas!

I will be in Thailand on vacation for about a month, so I wanted to get in a movie or two. I'll be in Bangkok for about 8 days. I'm just checking to see what I can do during the day time while getting my power back.

I like to tell the ladies "Power Finni" when they don't leave me alone. I guess "Baht Finni" would work just as well...Ha, Ha, Ha!

Archived