1st night in

ill be coming into thailand at 11 30 pm as a newbie where is a close hotel to spend my first few days recuperating? i am not to picky about price the first night or so but i know i dont wanna be running around bangkok after a 30 hour plan ride in the middle of the night looking for a place to crash thanks.

Make a reservation off the internet at the Nana Hotel, after you clear customs, if you are new to thailand, go to the Thai Limo counter and tell them you want to go to the Nana Hotel. You will get there in 30 Min. Everything is right there, Food, Bar, Girls, Everything. Try it, you will like it.....

Assuming you're arriving in Bangkok, at 11:30PM it's not more than a 15/20 minute taxi ride to get to most places. There's no need to stay at an airport hotel, if that's what you mean by close by.

If you could be more specific about the standard of hotel you are looking for, you might just get some good advice and book in advance a place that you're happy with for your entire stay in Bangkok. Under most circumstances, you can cut your stay short without penalty. There's no need to go bumping around from hotel to hotel, unless that's what you want to do.

Finally, the Nana Hotel advice may be good or bad, depending on your concept of recuperation. wink.gif

Well stated. At 11:30 at night, its easy to get into the Center of Bangkok. Just pick a hotel, go out to the taxi stand and tell them where you are staying. They will write a note for the driver. Caution here, the driver doesn't always understand his directions. My last driver did not know where the Grand President was.

Anyway, make sure and take the expressway - it will cost you an extra 80 baht which you are expected to have and give to the driver - about US$2 - its worth it.

Lots of hotels 15 - 25 minutes from the airport in the center of the action including the Nana, Majestic, JW Marriott, GP, Raumchitt Plaza, Promenade, etc. Just tell us your price range and we will give you advice on where to land.

If not picky about thr price then the JW Marriott is outstanding and close to the action. The rooms are great and there is no problem with guests. IMO the Nana is too noisy and busy, you can relax far better at somewhere like the Marriott.

Last time I stayed at the Nana I hardly got any sleep-girls screaming, doors banging, loud TV, it's a bit of a mad house-peter

Most of the time I arrive in Bkk at this time as the TG (LA - Bkk) from Osaka arrives around 11.30 pm. It takes around 20 to 25 mintues by the express way to reach Sukhumvit area. JW Marriott is good option to stay. Book through the web and you can get great deals.

vinod

I will be arriving with my fiance so i think we are looking for something quiet and easy to get to. We are both not picky about accommodations esp the first few nights in bkk. We need something clean, preferable cable private baths and sheets etc; just something that will allow us to get ourselves together after the flight. We are coming for an extended stay (90 day vacation), but will not be staying in bkk for long. As far as budget we are not looking for elegance or a crap hole but at this point i am not familiar with the pricing of bkk hotels. If anyone knows of rates that would be much appreciated.

1,000 to 1,500 baht will get you a decent hotel that you'll be happy with.

Hotels like the Manhattan, Regency Park, and Tai Pan are nice and respectable. These are the hotels in the Sukhumvit Farang Ghetto.

Bangkok is really littered with decent hotels in this price range all over the place. You can pay more if you want and truly get luxery but these places are more than adequate and I wouldn't hesitate putting a second tier client into either of those three hotels.

<<burp>>

Don't confuse the tai Pan with the tai pai located in chinatown.

what a dump, and talk about loud. I do recommend it for single travellers who are up for an adventure. 200 baht.

O already posted that the Bangkok center hotel across from the train station (great if you take the train to other provinces and need to make a resevation towards that) is very cosy, for 12 to 1500 bahts, Bfast included. No nightlife around, just Rama 4 blvd, and definitely pretty central, if you guys want to sight see and shop. Asyou are 2 already, i do not see the point of getting in to Sukhumvit places, rather congested as far as traffic and sidewalks come, and the girlie feel might be a bit heavy if you are not into that.only one plus: skytrain.

http://www.bangkok-hotelpro.com/bkkcentre

Archived