Big Boys reopens

AhTeckLim

<<<Opening at same location as before? >>>

Yes, at same location on Sukhumvit between Soi 11 and Soi 13. A lot of work going on to make it look same as before.

I heard that the name will change to Big Blue (some people thought this was the name of the place anyway) .. have not talked to the owners ... but have heard that there is a minor ownership change (from 3 to 2 owners).

I used to go there a lot and look forward to it's reopening ... and hope the food is better than before. Sadly, previous staff left the place and none that I've talked to (4) say they are coming back :-((

I went there a couple of times during my last visit in 2001. While I found the ambiance to be chic and the wenches to be pleasing on the eye, I dispise those low, big pocket tables that they have there. Those things would make an epiliptic amputee look like Eddie Charlton. I prefer the seedier pool hall feel of New Wave, and find the proximity to Biergarten even more appealing. Still, if the shiny chrome look and trainer-tables are your thing, it is the place.

Cheers

Jaga

.....Not to mention the unbelieveably sexy, gucci hand bag carryin, beautiful long golden brown haired, long legged, pool shark [i forget her name] that frequents the place with another short haired stunner named ice.

damn when I heard it burned down I got sad.

One of the more enjoyable sanuk sideshows is watching young thai girls who cannot play pool to save their life, yet they have mastered all of the mannerisms, chalking up, walking about inspecting all of the angles, asking people to move, etc.

Are you refering to the one in New Wave with the enourmous hooters? If that's her, I saw her a few times on my last trip and am now at a loss as to explain why I didn't have a shot at her. Oh well, next time maybe.

Cheers

Jaga

Don't know if she is connected with new wave.....but I know she was a big boy regular and just about the hottest thing I have ever laid....eyes on.

>.....Not to mention the unbelieveably sexy, gucci hand bag carryin, beautiful long golden brown haired, long legged, pool shark

I suspect I know who you are talking about... Nowadays a regular at New Wave with some occasional outings to Soi 7 Biergarten. One of the innocent pleasures of the afternoon is seeing her getting her daily makeover in the beauty salon next to New Wave. The only problem is that she seems to be picky and always has given the cold shoulder to me. frown.gif

Wagner

I visited Big Blue on the afternoon of July 4th. It was something of a disappointment.

The first annoying thing is that you now have to pay for the table in advance. This might not be so bad except that the staff seem to be unable to notice when somebody needs the table to set up. I guess this will improve with practise, but until that I'll prefer New Wave. There the staff at least knows their job and will rush to set up the table and grab the 20 Baht almost before the black has hit the bottom of the pocket.

The only improvement I could see is that now Big Blue provides a toilet in the right back corner. At least one cute girl in the staff.

Wagner

Archived